• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaCoach

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Greenwood
    I am in the market for a new 1911. I am looking for something in the $1200-2000 range. I looked at a Dan Wesson Valor, Kimber Gold, and Ed Brown but I am really no expert on 1911's. I already own a Springfield, so I do not want another one. Any suggestions?

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    You should sit down and list everything you want in a 1911, all the features, caliber, size...just figure out exactly what you want and then look. I know what I want in my next 1911 for example and it is going to require me to build it rather than buy it as no one makes exactly what I want. Building your own is not a bad way to go as you can make it specifically for you.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    You're welcome to shoot my Valor if you're interested. I don't own any of the others you mentioned.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Of those listed, I'd go with the Ed Brown, but unless you find a good deal or used gun, it'll run you a little more than the price range you listed. If you don't want to go to the high end of your price range like that, the Dan Wesson would probably be next for me.

Note that I'm ignoring all other guns besides those in your narrowed field, but there are other great options out there in that price range.

Octomonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Markle
    Too bad on not wanting another Springfield. I have a Springfield 1911 Operator and I love it.

It has a ton of features and is a high quality piece.

And I only paid $1000 for it, so even a little under what you're willing to spend.

43524.jpg

Last edited:

DaCoach

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Greenwood
    Thank you for all of your responses. I am not really tied to any of the brands I listed. I just had a chance to look at those specific models over the weekend. If you have other suggestions, I am definitely open.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    I'd say Brown, but as already posted, might not fit in your current price range. My opinion, if you've found one in that range, go, go, go....or if you don't want it, pm me and tell me where you found it, and maybe it'll find a new home with me.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Sig Sauer has some nice 1911's. I had a chance to shoot my uncles this past summer and it was really nice. I'm not sure what model he had, but it was black with ivory colored grips, hammer, trigger, safety, and slide release. It shot excellent and I think he said he paid around $900 for it as his local dealer.

While it's no Valor, I'd buy one if I had the money and the itch for a 1911.

CW White

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Tippecanoe County
    Odd ball opinion

I'm old-fashion in many ways. I hate to spend a $1000.00 or more on a 1911 .45acp and have only 1 gun. Maybe I don't appreciate finer things, but I spent $500.00 each on a Taurus 1911 first issue and a Para USA. Now I have two adequate guns that shoot to my ability, and change left over to buy alot of practice ammo.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I'd say Brown, but as already posted, might not fit in your current price range. My opinion, if you've found one in that range, go, go, go....or if you don't want it, pm me and tell me where you found it, and maybe it'll find a new home with me.

Someone is a little greedy about Browns...

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    If you can find a used Brown, Baer or Wilson get it. I bought a Brown and found the over all quality (fit & finish) to be higher than any of the production 1911s I have owned. Good luck in your hunt...

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Wilson or Baer. I've never owned a Brown but can't say enough great things about the two I mentioned. Bite the bullet, part with the big bucks and never look back, you'll be glad you did! Anyway, best of luck in your search!

Top Bottom