• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    I don't always CC, but when I do it's Dos Equis. Wait, that's not right. I mean when I CC, I carry my Kahr CW9 IWB. I recently came up with the extra money to buy one spare mag ($40) I have been carrying my spare mag in the fifth pocket, or "watch pocket" of my jeans. It fits just right with about 3/4 inch of the mag sticking out. The problem is, with everyday movement the first one or two rounds in the mag will come out and end up in the bottom of the pocket. After that none of the others come out. Has anyone else had this kind of issue with single stack magazines? All of my other handguns are double stacked mags and I have never had any issues with them. Is a proper mag holster the only solution?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I carry a PM9 and once tried to carry a spare mag in my pocket, and like yours it managed to empty itself. I now carry the extra mag in a mag holster where it is protected and the rounds stay where they are supposed to.

Billcurtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Pike County
    I don't always CC, but when I do it's Dos Equis. Wait, that's not right. I mean when I CC, I carry my Kahr CW9 IWB. I recently came up with the extra money to buy one spare mag ($40) I have been carrying my spare mag in the fifth pocket, or "watch pocket" of my jeans. It fits just right with about 3/4 inch of the mag sticking out. The problem is, with everyday movement the first one or two rounds in the mag will come out and end up in the bottom of the pocket. After that none of the others come out. Has anyone else had this kind of issue with single stack magazines? All of my other handguns are double stacked mags and I have never had any issues with them. Is a proper mag holster the only solution?
    I carry my mag same way and have never had any problem with rounds coming out. CW-40, pretty handy way to carry mag.
    Bill...

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    Mine does that too. Does anyone make a leather pouch mag holder for carry in the pocket, or would that even help?

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    They are not leather but check out the Remora magazine holders. They are made out of the same material as the holsters.

casper975

Marksman
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Indianapolis
    You would think it would be harder for the first couple of rounds to fall out because there under more pressure from the mag spring I had a k40 and never had a mag unload on me in my pocket

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    When I had a CW-40, my spare mag would drop a round every once in a while also. I carried it in my weak-side front pocket.

I REALLY wish someone would make a little kydex mag keeper type thing that'd fit on the end of a mag; something very similar to the Raven Concealment System's Vanguard trigger guard "holster" Vanguard Trigger Guard Holster

mpluers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    When I carry a spare for my PM9 in a front pocket, I will occasionally lose a round, I suspect because it moves around in the pocket. If I put it in a carrier or in my back pocket, no such problems.

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    I have the same problem and I think it is due to the aggressive feed angle of the top round (pm9). I am looking for a single stack mag holder since all of mine are double stack.

mpluers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    I have a DeSantis MagPacker that also prevents the top round from being stripped off. I used to have another mag holster that would occasionally catch and strip the top round; it was partially leather and was tighter-fitting, but I don't remember the brand.

Top Bottom