• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    All over the Internet I can review opinions and "tests" but I'm curious what it's historical real life application is. I found one story where a homeowner was engaged with an armed intruder. He missed the first shot and nailed the punk right in the head effectively making the intruder into fire fuel. Sounds like the 45lc was used on both shots.

Make My Day Shooter: ‘I Did The Right Thing’ « CBS Denver

Just like to read stories of it used.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    The Judge is a rendition of a gun from way back. Basically forgotten and lost till Taurus picked it back up.
    It got its reputation due to a Florida judge carrying one underneath his robe.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I welcome all other stories of the judge in the news where it's worthiness is demonstrated.

I am looking for the Albino Lockness Monster in Lake Michigan and my odds of success are higher than yours.

I am still amazed we don't see Flip Wilson doing an ad for this gun............maybe driving a GTO Judge too. Convertible I might add because you can convert from shotgun to handgun in the same gun.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I am looking for the Albino Lockness Monster in Lake Michigan and my odds of success are higher than yours.

I am still amazed we don't see Flip Wilson doing an ad for this gun............maybe driving a GTO Judge too. Convertible I might add because you can convert from shotgun to handgun in the same gun.

I think Flip died.

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    Never heard of any albino lock monsters. But I already found some articles of the judge being used effectively.
    I don't no why I'm the but of the joke. I want to collect actual news article of the judge used in real self defense negative or positive uses. :-)

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    The Judge is a marketing thing. .410 is not a true HD load and the concept has been around for decades. The fact Taurus is selling the crap out of these mean some inevitably will get used to kill with but so will a Jennings or a Lorcin.

Thompson/Center did it best with the Hotshot loads and barrels in .357 and .44mag with removable choke. When you look at an old T/C Contender barrel made for this, you can see where the Russian's got the idea for the chokes on the Saiga shotguns.

If Taurus had developed a removable external choke with straight ribs to slow the wad of the .410 They would have had something. There would also be no need to develop special (and expensive) loads to account for the shortcomings of the gun.

silkpoet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    SW Indiana
    The reason I purchased one was that when my wife and I go walking, dogs always seem to run up and generally act aggresive. I could carry any number of handguns, but as we live in a neighborhood, I have a concern, that however unlikely, a bullet could ricochet and an odd angle and hit a house, child, etc. When walking, I can cary birdshot in the Judge and likely have most of the energy soaked up by the street and minimize any injury that could be caused. I do realize there are a lot of pellets in a 410, however I would only shoot when my backstop was more or less assured. I feel that it is perhaps safer than say a 9mm or 45. Just my 2 cents.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Comin' around, goin' around ...

All these Judge Nay-Sayers were prolly GLOCK ka-boomers and Nay-sayers, in the recent past. Buy what you want; all the rest is Blah-blah-blah, and they just don't want you to be happy with your decision.

Top Bottom