• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Has anyone actually done the Glock 30/36 hybrid with results? I had never even heard about this until doing a little research about the 36 vs 30. I currently own a 30 and find it to be a VERY nice gun, but to say it's not "bulky" is overstepping it imo. I looked into the 30sf, and desired to "feel" one out in a store, but nobody locally has one. (I've read that I wouldn't notice the difference with the sf until I ran through a couple mags anyway)
    I like the idea of the 36 being slimmer and lighter, but the limited mag capacity, compared to the 30, is undesirable to me. I realize this is one of those give and take things, but I'm just trying to get the best carry weapon for ME. From some people's take on it, it sounds as though a 30sf with a 36 slide would be IDEAL for me.
    Back on topic, has anybody done the glock 30/36 hybrid with any results?
    Thanks for the info.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Where is "locally"? :dunno:

I take it that bradis has a 30sf in stock? I never checked becuase for some reason, I always thought they were located much further away. I just checked and you seem to be relatively local. Ill call now.

Thanks!

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Okay, first, if you like the G30, then the G30SF's grip might feel a little small for you. The SF does not mean "slim frame", it means "short frame". If memory serves, the frame size is shaved like 3mm to reduce the reach your finger has to the trigger. The frame really is not thinner though.

Secondly, I have both, a G30SF and a G36 and until you posted this, I never thought of doing that. Why? Because I can't seem to wrap my mind around what you gain with a thin slide and a thick frame.

Lastly, I will admit, the G36 was the last of the three 45ACP models I bought from Glock simply because of the limited capacity, but after I actually held one, I fell in love with it. It is my new favorite summer carry! And if capacity is really bothering you, do what I do, bring a couple mags with you! :)

Hope this was a little helpful. Okay, now I am going to my safe to try this out! :)

Last edited:

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Well...it appears that this "hybrid" seems to work. I might have to try it out at the range. I am curious if there will be any premature wear on inside of the slide or frame. I have yet to find any posts that focus on wear issues.

Anyone here try this?

mpluers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    The first thing I asked myself was "why". Then I picked up my G30 (SF) in my hand and flashed back to the day that I bought it and thought that I would carry it. One of the reviews on youtube calls it "pocket freight train." More accurately, it's like having a freight train in your pocket. I can def see where a thinner slide could make a difference here, but not a huge one since you're still dealing with a double-stack frame (the SF doesn't change the width at all.) I can definitely see where this sounds cool if you have the parts laying around already, but $1K can buy you lots of cool double-stack 45s. A Para Warthawg comes to mind!

Top Bottom