• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I don't have an M & P but due note that the .40 is one of the few (only?) semi-auto calibers designed from the ground up primarily as a jacketed hollow point. So keeping that in mind I can't imagine any manufacturer building a .40 gun that wouldn't reliably feed the very type of round the caliber was designed around. Remember unlike the 9mm and 45 ACP the .40 was first designed for LEO and PP usage...the .40 was NEVER a military round.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I own several M&P's in 9mm, 40 S&W, 357 SIG and 45 ACP, and have never had a feeding or extraction issue with ball or hollow point ammunition. The only feeding problem I've ever had with my M&P's, is finding the money to keep them all fed. :D

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Anyone running JHP in their gun? If so what kind and any feed issues?

Well, I run the Winchester Extreme 124 grain loads and the Remington 124 Gr. golden Sabers in 9mm in mine...with no issues.

The Winchester Extreme loads seem to be a lot more accurate than the Winchester white box 115 grain target loads a practice with.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Anyone running JHP in their gun? If so what kind and any feed issues?

It has already been mentioned that there is absolutely no problem using JHP. In fact this is what a person should use for self defense. Don't just take our word for it. Pick a quality, affordable JHP and buy several boxes. Go to the range and test it in your gun. If you are going to be using the gun for self defense then you should always test the loads that you are going to carry.

Top Bottom