• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    para ordinance and springfield were making a double stack 1911, holds 14 in 45 acp i believe. they may still do that, though personally for myself if youre wanting more rounds on target between reloads. id look at the wilson comabt 10 round single stack mags, or the mecgear 11 rounders. as the single stack 1911 just runs sweet.

good luck in your future purchases.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Try to find an old Charles Daly M-5 polymer frame, made by Bul-Transmark, of Israel, or find a Bul, fine quality 1911, with large capacity mags. Bul makes the guns for some shooting teams in Israel. The one I had was the most accurate gun I've had since I had a 6" bbl Model 19 Smith

Last edited:

abmears

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I've have a para ccw .45 and think that the quality is great. It's a real good shooter. I've held a couple of the para 14-45s and didn't care for them. They were too wide for me. (I have small hands) if its comfortable for you I'm sure you would be happy with one.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    EDC is Para P12. It's a little shorter as a compact, with 3.5 barrel, but has 12 round double stack. They still make something very similar called Warthog. The grip actually isn't any wider than a 1911, just blockier. I've been thinking about a couple of P14 mags for backup carry; I'm pretty sure they'll lock in fine, just hang out a bit.

Top Bottom