• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    1st of all, this is my first Glock ever and didn't know what to expect. It was smooth as melted butter shooting both 115gr FMJ and 124gr +p Winchester XTP JHP. I couldn't even tell the difference between them. Very light recoil, even with the heavier +p rounds. My wife loves shooting it too. She was bummed when all the ammo boxes were empty (140 rounds total). So my question is, at 7 yds, my shots were all grouped solid, and at the right elevation, but were about 1" to 2" left of bullseye. I'm sure it's operator error, so what was I doing wrong??:dunno:

Last edited:

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    Hey congrats on your Glock purchase :D. I have 2 now myself. The 19 is prob my next purchase. That is still good shooting though, and those new springs need some breaking in (my 17 is still stiff). You might just wait and see if a few hundred more rounds helps. Or It could be your grip if the gun is recoiling to the left instead of straight back that would throw them slightly to the left. Just pay attention to your trigger and grip mechanics while you are breaking it in. Happy :ar15: out there

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I shot left of target with my glocks when I first got them as well. This should help.

target.jpg

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Glad I could help. Like I said before, when I got my 19 (first glock/handgun), this was a common problem for me (pulling left). My marine buddy sent me this and id like to say Im a much better shot because of it.

Apparently this happens a lot to new glock owners. The size/shape of the grip and the glock trigger are probably the problem here. In fact, I almost had my sights adjusted because I thought they were off. What a n00b move blaming the gun and not the shooter haha!

Have a good day, and good luck to you! Id say 500 rounds and youll have the hang of it ;)

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Waiting for your ltch is the longest thing ever... all that time wearing it around the house and you cant even go outside :/

rgarner74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2011
    I have the Glock 26. Found again like some of the other comments that once shooting almost a hundred rounds I felt more comfortable and maybe even the spring had something to do with the grouping.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    Purchased my first Glock, a G17, a Gen 1, back in 1988. I have shot ~40,000 rounds through this gun, only replacing that trigger spring, I think, about 3x. Replaced sights with steel Novak sights. Great gun, still tight as when it was new. Bought a G21 in 2005, also another favorite. Purchased a G19 this year to celebrate Glock's 25th Anniversary. That G19 is a sweet shooting gun.

Top Bottom