• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Fall is coming so I figured i would accessorize, I picked this up, should be here in a day or two, a Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry II

I picked up a set of Kimber Meprolights today, I'll install them and call it good.

KimberStainlessUltraCarryII.jpg

Last edited:

IN1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    That is a sweet looking 1911. I really wish mine had been better. I got the basic Ultra Carry 2 so it was just plain black but a really nice gun. I had a big problem with some parts rusting, the trigger, hammer and grip safety would all get surface rust really bad and even with regular cleaning and oil, it would come back worse than before. Now, I never let Kimber fix the problem and I just traded it back in so it's part my fault but I don't think a $700+ gun should have that problem. Anyway, i have been thinking about giving Kimber another try, and you are helping, lol.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    That is a sweet looking 1911. I really wish mine had been better. I got the basic Ultra Carry 2 so it was just plain black but a really nice gun. I had a big problem with some parts rusting, the trigger, hammer and grip safety would all get surface rust really bad and even with regular cleaning and oil, it would come back worse than before. Now, I never let Kimber fix the problem and I just traded it back in so it's part my fault but I don't think a $700+ gun should have that problem. Anyway, i have been thinking about giving Kimber another try, and you are helping, lol.

The fame is aluminum, so the rust must have occurred on the slide(?)

Large.jpg

large1.jpg

Last edited:

IN1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    No the rust was just on the hammer, trigger, and grip safety, mostly on the sides that were up against me. I do sweat a lot but I have never had any other gun do that. Like I said, I could have swapped parts or sent it back in but I don't think that would have done any good as they would probably replace them with the same parts... Slide and frame were fine and the gun shot suprisingly well for the size and weight. I may have to try out another one someday. Yours looks awesome, maybe I will have to try stainless.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I have shot my Custom II in rain and shine during steel matches and have never seen rust yet, except on the top of barrel, but I put some lube on it and it was good to go

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I like the Ultras. Mine is an Ultra Carry II and it came from Kinber with night sights. The only thing I didn't care for was the pointy butt, so I got a fusion alloy MSH for it and did this.
    IMG_0626.jpg

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Damn! That is one cool looking Kimber! Seeing one that small, though, got me to thinking. How do you plan on carrying? Jeff Cooper has the "condition level" thing going on. Thought I'd post it here for feedback:

The Sight 1911 Conditions of Readiness Page

Only one way for me IMO,, Condition 1*** it took me several months of carrying 3-4 different pistols and lots of shooting, to get me comfortable,, but I currently carry a Kahr PM 9 or a Ruger LCP .380,, and now will carry the Ultra Carry II, and anytime I carry, it is with a round in the chamber, always:yesway:

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I like the Ultras. Mine is an Ultra Carry II and it came from Kinber with night sights. The only thing I didn't care for was the pointy butt, so I got a fusion alloy MSH for it and did this.
    IMG_0626.jpg

Very nice:yesway:,, If my Ultra was a 4" I would Bob it, but I like the feel on this one since it is a compact..

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN

it doesnt matter how much a gun costs, if its not lubed properly it will rust. The rust on your gun wasnt kimbers fault.

Top Bottom