• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • linc_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    i am a very big sig fan they are my personal favorites but im not a die hard i am open to new things....i dont really like any of the 9mm subcompact models from sig so far but i guess they could grow on me !! but my eyes get real big when i see a glock 26 they seem to be a very nice piece !! but my question is does glock still make gen 3s or all 4s ?? i see my self getting one in the very near future so should i look for a gen 3, 4 ?
    thanks !!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I think there is still a few Gen 3 Glocks rolling out but after seeing the Gen 3 and Gen 4 side by side I am really liking the Gen 4 changes. The larger mag release and the backstraps are a really nice upgrade to the Gen 3 Glocks. Here in a few hours I'm out to shoot my brand new G26 Gen 4 for the first time. It's my first subcompact Glock but if it shoots like my other Glocks I can see another Gen 4 in my future.

On a side note and to generally complicate matters, I like SIGs and found the M&P closely resembles the SIG in basic feel and grip; I like both the M&P and Glock and it may be well worth checking out, too. I'd still give the nod to Glock in a head to head comparison but the M&P is a very worthy competitor.

mpluers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    I don't know if they are still making the Gen 3s, but there are tons of new Gen 3s available.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I've been looking for a Gen 4 23 and only have found one place that has them all the other places I've been to have only had the Gen 3s. I haven't shot either the 3 or 4 gen but by just handling them, I like the new 4 Gen a lot better than the 3

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    You don't like the 239? I'm not a big fan of Sigs but I do like it. All my Glocks are gen3s and they are fine as is (that's just me though). For a truly subcompact 9mm try the Kahr MK9 or PM9. I have the PM9 and love it.

linc_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    You don't like the 239? I'm not a big fan of Sigs but I do like it. All my Glocks are gen3s and they are fine as is (that's just me though). For a truly subcompact 9mm try the Kahr MK9 or PM9. I have the PM9 and love it.

yes i LOVE the p239 but i need something smaller or in other words something smaller for deep concealment... but i do love them !!

huskymt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Nevada
    I have a Gen 3 (19) and a Gen 4 (23) and I much prefer the fit and feel of the gen 4. In shooting my Gen 4 (23) the recoil feels softer not so snappy. Now the recoil on the 19 is a non issue, but the ergo’s of the Gen 4 are a big improvement over earlier guns.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    yes i LOVE the p239 but i need something smaller or in other words something smaller for deep concealment... but i do love them !!

I have a G19 and G26, they are both easy to conceal. The 26 is a bit easier and easier to hide with an OWB holster. I can put the 26 in my coat pocket in the winter. All of my Glocks are Gen3 and I like them, nothing wrong with Gen4 though. They have a different feel for sure though so I'd agree with you holding them both!

Jolfe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Muncie
    You can't go wrong with the 4th gen G26. Feels great in the hand, shoots nicely and it's extremely reliable. It carries 10 rounds and it's very easy to conceal. :rockwoot:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The G26 is a great gun! Like already said the Gen 3 is still in production. Gen 3 or Gen 4 is just personal prefference really. Handle them both and go with what feels best to you.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom