• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Bought a CZ 75 PO6 yesterday at the Kokomo Gun Show. I know, I know... Anyway, a gentleman I spoke to while I was groping, er, getting a feel for the CZ, said that he carries his with a round in the chamber on half cock. I have always been told this is unsafe. This CZ has a decocker but no true safety. It is a beautiful gun and it just slips right into my hand like a glove. Anyone have any input on this? I don't want to go off "half cocked".

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    I carry a P-01 (same gun) with one in the pipe and let the hammer all the way down. I am careful while I pull the trigger and guide the hammer down. I point it down range when I do this. Nice gun you got there, best grip ever!

jodus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    new castle
    half cock is perfectly fine. there isnt enough force if it slips past to detonate and as a added bonus the trigger pull will be better. it has a firing ping pin safety so you are doubly protected.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I carry a P-01 (same gun) with one in the pipe and let the hammer all the way down. I am careful while I pull the trigger and guide the hammer down. I point it down range when I do this. Nice gun you got there, best grip ever!

Huh?

The P-01 has a decocker.

Why would you pull the trigger and ease the hammer down when you can simply use the decocking lever?

Bought a CZ 75 PO6 . . .blah blah blah . . . said that he carries his with a round in the chamber on half cock. . . blah blah blah . . . I don't want to go off "half cocked".
    Then DON'T go off half-cocked. Use the decocking mechanism and operate your gun as it was designed to be used.

While I carry 1911 pistols, my house guns are CZ 75 pistols, the P-01 is one of my favorites. There is no need to bypass the standard operation of a well designed pistol. Use the decocker, drop the hammer as it is designed to be dropped, and carry the gun as it is designed to be carried.

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    The P-06 doesn't have a decocker? I thought I read somewhere they were the exact same gun. I could be wrong

Huh?

The P-01 has a decocker.

Why would you pull the trigger and ease the hammer down when you can simply use the decocking lever?

I am getting used to carrying a hammer. I was one of those die hard Glock guys until I shot a 75BD. It was LOVE!

Then DON'T go off half-cocked. Use the decocking mechanism and operate your gun as it was designed to be used.

While I carry 1911 pistols, my house guns are CZ 75 pistols, the P-01 is one of my favorites. There is no need to bypass the standard operation of a well designed pistol. Use the decocker, drop the hammer as it is designed to be dropped, and carry the gun as it is designed to be carried.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Huh? Then DON'T go off half-cocked. Use the decocking mechanism and operate your gun as it was designed to be used.
    Thanks, that's the info I was looking for.

Top Bottom