• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Well, I picked up a new toy today. I work at a shop out in Colorado and have the perk of getting first dibs on any used guns that come in. That finally came to my benefit within the last couple weeks.

We had a gentleman bring in a bunch of 1911s - a pair of Ed Browns, a custom Colt done by Heirloom Precision (VERY VERY nice shop down there in AZ) and this nice STI 1911. It is an STI slide with Ed Brown/Wilson internals, and a Foster frame. Apparently Foster builds their frames off of STI frames, so it's more or less an STI gun. It was a used gun, but unfired. Novak, fully adjustable sights with red rear fiber optic and green front fiber optic sights. Integral, flared magwell (part of the frame). Stippled front strap and some REALLY fugly carbon fiber grips, which are soon to be replaced by a set of VZ grips. If anyone is interested in the CF grips, please PM me, I'd be happy to sell and ship them to you. Very smooth, 2.5# trigger. Full length guide rod, bull barrel, which results in virtually ZERO recoil. Gun shoots lights out as one can imagine.

A gun like this would cost well over $2000 to get it built. I didn't pay that much :cool: :rockwoot: :ar15: :popcorn:

DSCN6445.JPG

DSCN6446.JPG

DSCN6447.JPG

DSCN6449.JPG

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Question for IDPA/USPSA shooters -

I have gathered that this gun is not IDPA legal. 5" bull barrels are not IDPA legal from what I have heard - is this correct?

If it is not IDPA legal, what class would I fall into in USPSA?

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    The new grips. I sold the CF grips to John @ ACT, thanks to him for that.

These are a set of G10 grips that I don't know if VZ actually made for Nighthawk Custom, but it sure looks exactly like a set that VZ offers. But the bag they came in said Nighthawk on them. Got them from my manager at work, as a freebie. That kicked all kinds of a$$!!!

DSCN6451.JPG

DSCN6450.JPG

Top Bottom