• ...and so much more!
  • brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    I got an Ed Brown Maxi-Comp!!!!! Pics are up

Mid 1980s full Ed Brown long slide custom! He started with a Series 70 Colt Gold Cup and ramped it into a full comp (now kind of old school) race gun!
    Sorry to tease, but I should have pics and a short range report tomorrow...

Last edited:

Hazwhopper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    I just saw one for the first time last week. It is brand new. It is the 1911 frame and looks really great. The cost is 2300 though. Are they really work it?
    I have a Sig Sauer that I bought and it looks exactly like it except for color. The sig was a release to the dealers and it is called the Scorpion. It is tan in color and G10 Grips and all the stuff.
    I like the Ed Brown, but I would want to shoot it and there goes alot of value.
    Good job on your new addition.

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    I will have more info later.... you know where there is a new one? I don't think he has made a maxi comp since the early 90s....

Hazwhopper;2395215]I just saw one for the first time last week. It is brand new. It is the 1911 frame and looks really great. The cost is 2300 though. Are they really work it?
    I have a Sig Sauer that I bought and it looks exactly like it except for color. The sig was a release to the dealers and it is called the Scorpion. It is tan in color and G10 Grips and all the stuff.
    I like the Ed Brown, but I would want to shoot it and there goes alot of value.
    Good job on your new addition.[/QUOTE]

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    No pics yet but I took to a little indor range today...... recoil is very controlable and very little muzzle fip...... it will take some getting used to swinging that long barrel for target transitions... I could only get 61 feet at the range but it will put 8 rounds in one raged hole if you can hold..... I was off hand and had lost trigger control (been shooting to many Glocks) on at least one for each of my groups..... opening them up from 2 inches to 3.... totally my fault.... this gun will far outshoot my abilities....

Last edited:

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    Picture317.jpg
    Picture322.jpg
    Picture323.jpg
    Picture324.jpg
    Picture325.jpg