• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMG55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Lawrence
    Hi guys, I have been looking for a new 1911 and think I have narrowed it down to just two choices.
    the Colt Wiley Clapp commander
    images-13.jpg

or the Kimber Tactical pro 2
    Tactical-Pro-II_beauty.jpg

Anyone have experience with either of these? Anything i should look out for? Might even take another suggestion if you've got one. Thanks for the help.

rlidgard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    i have a kimber pro tactical and i love it. not one hiccup in over 800 + rounds.my favorite one to shoot by far. but the colt should be fine too.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have a Wiley Clapp and a Kimber Ualtra Caryy.....I have 3 other Colts and no other Kimbers....the Clapp is great.....no pun intended....

Go Colt!!!!!

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I use as my carry pistol the Colt gun in that picture.

Other than swapping MSH, its perfect.

Wide rear notch, brass bead front sight, single sided 1918 style safety, no magwell, the oval grips are fantastic for reaching the mag release, and the checkering is grippy.

And its light.

I love it.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Those are both fine pistols. Some people prefer one name or another. Others will prefer one firing system over the other (Kimber's Gen II Safety) or that particular Colt with a Series 70 firing system with no firing pin safety.

They are both great and it comes down to personal preference. I would try and see if anyone on here, in your area has one that they would be willing to let you shoot.

I have had many 1911's that I have bout, played with, and shot. Some I did not really care for at all but, Kimber's and Colt's have both earned places in my collection along with others.

Joseph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    cambridge city
    I own a colt and love it. That said I have shot probably 4 other brands and like them to. Kimber makes a solid product. When I was 1911 shopping I held both but went with the colt, it just called my name.

KMG55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Lawrence
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I am going to go with the Colt. Since I already have an older Kimber Royal Carry, it might be nice to try something new.

Top Bottom