• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Travis45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Albany
    A few weeks ago I went to the Fort Wayne gun show. I was in the market for a 45ACP. I handled a few SIG Sauers and H&Ks. After about 45 minutes of walking around I narrow it down between an H&K HK45 and SIG Sauer P220R. I decided on the P220R. It came with SIGLITE night sights, three 8 round magazines and E2 grips. It shoots great and I've been very happy with it.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I just pick up a P220 clasic .22LR for a good deal with the option to get an .45 acp upper for about $300.00 (with night sights) looking forward to taking it to the range, congreats on your P220R!

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    Sig 220

Great pistol IMO I have a 220 FS SA/DA and a Carry 220 DAK. I did not know that they make an E 2 grip for a 220? Looking forward to your pictures. Good luck

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    A few weeks ago I went to the Fort Wayne gun show. I was in the market for a 45ACP. I handled a few SIG Sauers and H&Ks. After about 45 minutes of walking around I narrow it down between an H&K HK45 and SIG Sauer P220R. I decided on the P220R. It came with SIGLITE night sights, three 8 round magazines and E2 grips. It shoots great and I've been very happy with it.
    Thats a nice pistol. Lucky man.;)

totenkopf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Nice find, especially with the extra magazines. It wouldn't be a former law enforcement piece by chance, would it? I bought my 220 (which is an l.e. trade in) off gunbroker for far less than the few guys who regularly stock Sigs around here would charge for one. Best part was that it came with three magazines, and Trijicon night sights.

Sigs are in general, just like Mosins, Mausers, and all the other great weapons out there- they multiply rapidly. My first Sig was a P-226 Navy, and then I added several others (including the P-220) to the collection. I'm currently contemplating purchasing an older European model P-220 (with the magazine release in the heel as opposed to the side), and maybe going for one of the "collector" variants in .30 Luger or .38 Super (addressed in Massad Ayoob's book on Sig pistols).

Some guys I know who have 220s swear that the German guns are superior to the ones in made in New Hampshire, but I beg to differ. I own both German-Swiss Sigs and American makes, and I've never had a quality issue out of either variant.

Tim Enyeart

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Marion
    I have a H&K USP with an Insight tactical light and I love it. The recoil is minimal allowing the shooter to stay on target. Great design for a large hand and the twelve round magazines make it a great weapon for law enforcement. If your hand is small, you made a great choice.

Top Bottom