• fn five seven vs Keltech PMR 30

• Total voters

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    i have seen it mentioned, that 5.7 is equivalant to a .22 mag. well right or wrong, we are about to find out. both are reletively new designs. polymer, dao. should be fun.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I'm not sure what you are asking here? Specify, are you asking which one people prefer for SD or range. Just saying one or the other but giving no criteria makes it hard to vote.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I donno, it reminds me when a kid simply asks me "Pancakes or waffles." To which I reply " Waffles alligator mouth to the left pancakes."

After I read the op the first thought that came to my mind was to see if someone was trying to reach their 50 posts so they could list a 15 year old beat up 10-22 for sale in the classifides for about $425 or something rediculous like that.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    damn, you guys are aweful cranky today. Who peed in your cheerios. I'll bite - don't know anything about the FN, so I gotta go with PMR-30.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Comparing the five seven to the PMR30 is like comparing a glock to a glock with a 22lr conversion thrown on it.

They're apples and oranges, not comparable in the slightest.

The five seven will work every time you pull the trigger regardless of the conditions, it's designed by people who know how to make guns that work, and you won't find many of them ever going back for repair.

Bar none, the most reliable semi-automatic I know of. Especially since there's not a billion different companies making ammunition for it, it's tuned to run what's available, and what's available is very uniformly made.

With the keltec, it's a keltec. They've already had to replace the barrels on them due to keyholing, and people still can't seem to get them to run right. I'd blame that on the round more than the gun I suppose. None the less, how could keltec ever hope to compete with FN Herstal?

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Pmr 30 is a 22 mag the 5.7 is a little bigger round and a lot faster muzzle velocitywith an effective range of 1100 ft if I remember.

The PMR 30 is a Kel Tec and the FN 57 is an FN

They both share many advantages but the deciding factor is budget. Can you afford $1100 for and FN or $400 for the Kel Tec?

If budget is not an issue why are you considering the Kel Tec?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Pmr 30 is a 22 mag the 5.7 is a little bigger round and a lot faster muzzle velocitywith an effective range of 1100 ft if I remember.

The PMR 30 is a Kel Tec and the FN 57 is an FN

They both share many advantages but the deciding factor is budget. Can you afford $1100 for and FN or $400 for the Kel Tec?

If budget is not an issue why are you considering the Kel Tec?

Availability is also a player in this as well.

Good luck finding much of anything made by keltec, where as you can always find about any model of FN you want at any time.

$1100 seems a bit high, I remember paying $989 out the door for mine.

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    I must take issue with the statement that the 5.7 x28 bullet is bigger.

Both are .224 That being said, I carry my Five-seveN and while I have no

experience with the Kel-tec, I'll keep my 5.7

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm hoping that when Ruger eventually knocks off the keltec 22mag that maybe they'll get the bugs worked out. I doubt it'll be without a recall, but eventually ruger might get it right and they'll produce the heck out of it.

Top Bottom