• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andrew Cornett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Hello,

I was wondering since the 5.7 cartrige from FNH was created does anyone aside from myself believe Glock should make a pistol chambered in that cartrige? Do you think they could do it? Do you think they would be able sell a Glock chambered in the 5.7 cartrige? Why and/or why not? Let me know what you think.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Shades of .45 GAP

Since the .45 GAP fiasco I dont think Glock would be willing to go out on a limb again. Im guess the 5.7 caliber is just not popular enough to warrant starting a new model.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Hello,

I was wondering since the 5.7 cartrige from FNH was created does anyone aside from myself believe Glock should make a pistol chambered in that cartrige? Do you think they could do it? Do you think they would be able sell a Glock chambered in the 5.7 cartrige? Why and/or why not? Let me know what you think.

I don't doubt they could do it. Whether they would want to or not is another question. Currently, other than the AR-57 uppers, 5.7x28 weapons are pretty much the sole province of FN and FN is selling the ammo. So, if Glock made a 5.7 pistol, they'd be sending more business to FN for the ammo.

Maybe if there were some 3rd party ammunition makers for the 5.7 (hint hint Wolf, Tula, and friends), then more major manufacturers would be interested in making weapons in that caliber.

On the other hand, maybe there just isn't much interest in the round outside of the PS90, so it doesn't have much pull in the market place. I know I'd love to get a PS90, but not enough to plunk down $1500 (at least not yet), especially with ammo being $400 per 1000.

Mr. FiveseveN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    North Central
    Yes to all of your questions. But pretty much this:

FN is selling the ammo. So, if Glock made a 5.7 pistol, they'd be sending more business to FN for the ammo.

I sure hope other ammo companys jump on the 5.7 x 28mm bandwagon. It is just a sweet shooting round.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Haven't seen any civilian bullets that meet the FBI protocol in 5" or shorter barrels.
    So I have zero interest at this point.

Top Bottom