• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I picked up a SIG P6 quite awhile ago and had yet to get any rounds thorugh it. Yesterday I went to Eagle Creek Pistol Range to sight in a rifle that I recently picked up and decided to take a couple hundred rounds of 9mm with me as well.

First thing I noticed was the long heavy DA trigger pull of the first round. It still has the factory 29lb spring in it. The DA/SA still throws me off a little, but I shot a Glock before so that should be expected. I actually anticipated having a lot of trouble with the hollowpoints that I took being from '83, but didnt have one loading issue. It fed all of the HP and the FMJs that I took. Love the way it shoots and I'm confident that with a little practice, the trigger pull will come as second nature.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I picked up a SIG P6 quite awhile ago and had yet to get any rounds thorugh it. Yesterday I went to Eagle Creek Pistol Range to sight in a rifle that I recently picked up and decided to take a couple hundred rounds of 9mm with me as well.

First thing I noticed was the long heavy DA trigger pull of the first round. It still has the factory 29lb spring in it. The DA/SA still throws me off a little, but I shot a Glock before so that should be expected. I actually anticipated having a lot of trouble with the hollowpoints that I took being from '83, but didnt have one loading issue. It fed all of the HP and the FMJs that I took. Love the way it shoots and I'm confident that with a little practice, the trigger pull will come as second nature.
    29# Trigger pull huh? Tell me more...

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's 24#. That is the German Police Standard, and it was designed as a German Police gun. :dunno:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Trigger Pull weight and Mainspring Lb. weight are two different things... they've been used interchangeably in this thread.

Regarding trigger pull:

Remtek notes the P225 at DA 12 lbs., SA 4.5 lbs.
    SIG SAUER P225
    And same thing here: A Critical Look at the SIG

From RJ Guns:
    Sig P226 Elite Dark 9mm (unfired) DA 11.12 lbs SA 4.2 lbs
    Sig P229 40 S&W DA 10.2 lbs SA 4.2 lbs
    H&K USP Expert 45 ACP (unfired) DA 10.2 lbs SA 3.11 LBS
    H&K HK45C (unfired) DA 11.11 lbs SA 5.2 lbs
    H&K USP Compact 45 ACP DA 10.11 lbs SA 5.5 lbs
    H&K P30 40 S&W (unfired) DA 11.1 lbs SA 5.1 lbs
    P2000SK 40 S&W (fired approx. 100 rounds) DA 11.10 lbs SA 5.7 lbs
    RJ

Regarding the P6, check out Olympic Fox:
    Carrying a DA/SA cocked?
    Here's a comparison of the before and after trigger pulls on three of our Sig classic P-series. Note, the two P226's went to the Sig Custom Shop. The P6 is a work in progress that I'm doing myself; different springs and a short trigger so far.

Sig P226R:
    New: DA: 11.2# SA: 7.9#
    After: DA: 7.1# SA: 3.7#

Sig P226 Elite SS:
    New: DA: 8.9# SA: 4.2#
    After: DA: 7.4 SA: 3.1#

Sig P6
    Before: DA: 14.5# SA: 5.7#
    After: DA: 9.2# SA: 5.0#

If the actual trigger pull weight were 29 lbs., that would be a pretty daunting task for many. With a mainspring of 28/29 lbs., I'm thinking the 14.5 lb trigger pull weight would be about accurate for the P6.

(I had a P6. Great guns. It also fed all the JHP I tried. I did sell it... it simply felt like it took up too much real estate for the magazine capacity. I do still have a W German 226, W German 228 and a German 228. If you like the P6, you may love the 228.)

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Trigger Pull weight and Mainspring Lb. weight are two different things... they've been used interchangeably in this thread.

Regarding trigger pull:

Remtek notes the P225 at DA 12 lbs., SA 4.5 lbs.
    SIG SAUER P225
    And same thing here: A Critical Look at the SIG

From RJ Guns:

Regarding the P6, check out Olympic Fox:
    Carrying a DA/SA cocked?

If the actual trigger pull weight were 29 lbs., that would be a pretty daunting task for many. With a mainspring of 28/29 lbs., I'm thinking the 14.5 lb trigger pull weight would be about accurate.

Yeah, that was the point of my first post. Then when I realized that's not what he was talking about, I just went on with what he was talking about.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I didn't mean the trigger pull was 29lbs. D'OH! lol I look like a complete noob now. lol

It's till quite a bit more than I'm used to though, from the pull of a Glock to the pull of a SIG is a big difference.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    It's all good. I was afraid you thought they were the same based on the post. If you really were having nearly 30 lbs of trigger pull, something would be very, very wrong. TDA is a very different animal for folks used to striker fired glocks.

Some reduction in the mainspring may be in order to reduce the P6 to something more similar to stock for the P225. I wouldn't go much lower than that, just MHO. I would rather have a somewhat heavier trigger pull in TDA than light strikes when it mattered.

Enjoy that P6!

Top Bottom