• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigmoe221

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    I've really been looking at 9mm's and I've settled on the M9 or PX4. Just something about the Beretta I like. I would love opinions from any of you that have first hand knowledge of both.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I've really been looking at 9mm's and I've settled on the M9 or PX4. Just something about the Beretta I like. I would love opinions from any of you that have first hand knowledge of both.

I've got a commercial M9 which I wouldn't trade for all the tea in China. :rockwoot:

EM45HP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Indianapolis/Bloomington
    I have a PX4 in .45 and it's a great gun. Light for a full size. Shoots very well. A little less recoil than other .45s, but I think that's the goal of the rotating barrel. I'm assuming it will have similar reduction with the 9mm. I will say, it's hard to find holsters for, and finding people who stock them is even harder. No experience with the M9, but I doubt you'll be disappointed either way.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I own a PX4 and have shot the M9 both are great guns, but for me its no contest, I prefer the PX4 hands down. The PX4 for me is more accurate, has less recoil, lighter weight, and has a higher capacity.

Best of all, it comes in OD green.:rockwoot:

This is what I carry everyday.
    DSCF4532.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have both, with the 92FS/M9 (I personally built it up using parts from both series) being my upstairs bedside protector, and the PX4 inches from me downstairs as I type this.

Either one would be a great purchase. Both are easy to control, very light recoil, very accurate and 100% reliable.

My 2 cent advice would be to handle both, and make the choice that way, but remember that with the PX4 you have the choice of three different back straps which each give the pistol a slightly different (but still very good) feel.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I have both in 9mm and also prefer the PX4, mainly because it is a bit smaller. They are mechanically almost identical, except for the rotating barrel and frame. PX4 seems to have a better trigger and less recoil.
    Beretta is a great manufacturer. If you want a DA/SA at an affordable price, then look no further.

PS, the PX4 has removable sights, but they are a PAIN to replace because the slide is slanted!

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    The 92 series are good guns, time tested and battle proven, but it's kind heavy for a 9mm and is kinda big in the wrong ways.

The PX4 is light, very ergonomic to the shooter and just more modern than the 92

jtdet01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    PX4Storm

I love my PX4 Storm in .45 It was my first gun and I got it in full size. I spent a lot of time deciding and it was the feel and styling that won me over.

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    I wanted a DA/SA so I rented a 92FS at the range and found it rather large for my medium build & hands. Bought the PX4 instead and have been really happy with it.

The one negative for the PX4 over the M9/92FS is that the accessories are not as common and way more expensive. You aren't going to find boxes of $20 dollar magazines at gun shows like you can find for the M9, but if you are ok with that, it's a great choice.

GlockWielder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    I would advise you to stray away from the 92 unless you have some personal attraction to it. It is an old design and is inferior to most service pistols of today. It's heavy, has no rail (some models do), it's long, and has a capacity of 15 rounds. The Beretta Px4 is Beretta's answer to the polymer service pistols of today. It performs very well and has a good selection of holsters on the market (that are fairly easy to get a hold of). I think it is almost foolish to buy a 92 when there are just better options for you. That only applies if you do not have a lustful need for the 92 because it looks cool or turns you on. I think the Beretta Px4 storm solves a lot of problems that users have with the 92. That's my experience though.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It is an old design [So am I]

and is inferior to most service pistols of today. [Baseless opinion #1]

It's heavy, [It's a full-size service pistol]

has no rail (some models do), [Not everyone wants or needs a "rail"]

it's long, [See above]

and has a capacity of 15 rounds. [How many rounds do you need? Are you on the NYPD?]

I think it is almost foolish to buy a 92 when there are just better options for you. [Really baseless opinion #2]

I think the Beretta Px4 storm solves a lot of problems that users have with the 92. [I have had absolutely zero "problems" with my commercial M9]

That's my experience though. [Riigghhtt]

:p

Mglii

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    after shooting a buddies storm I traded my 92 off on a storm I prefer the storm only draw back is like a few others have stated good luck finding holsters locally

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    I had a PX4 in 9mm and sold it to buy a M&P9. I liked the PX4 a lot though. It wouldn't be a bad gun at all, I just didn't like the dual action first shot, single action afterwards. Plus I wanted something more simple, the saftey/decocker after I got comfortable with handguns I felt was unnecessary. It is a good gun though and I shot it very well.
    I loved the 92 though, and I think it is more comfortable to shoot. It is bigger and not as easy to carry, so I would really only buy one for taking to the range. Both the PX4 and 92 are really great guns though and a blast to shoot.

4give4get

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    The PX4 is definitely easier to conceal/carry in my opinion. But if you are not concerned with keeping your firearm a secret, either is a great choice. Recoil is about the same between the 2 pistols. The M9/92 has enough size to absorb its recoil and the PX4 has its rotating barrel design to manage its recoil. Both pistols are user friendly when it comes to break down & cleaning. Tough choice because it is hard to beat the feel of a 92 with Hogue grips at the range. Good luck on your decision...I say buy both!

Top Bottom