• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    For the most part, any good quality hollow point (Gold Dot, Cor Bon, HST, Golden Saber, Hornady) will do the job required. Try several and see what works best for your carry gun.

EDIT: Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I've been a Golden Saber fan and user for several years, but I wouldn't turn down HSTs if that's what was available. Hydra-Shoks, OTOH, you couldn't PAY me to use.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've been a Golden Saber fan and user for several years, but I wouldn't turn down HSTs if that's what was available. Hydra-Shoks, OTOH, you couldn't PAY me to use.

Do you care if it's the older version (which is inexpensive right now), or the newer version with the jacket bonded to the lead core?

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    The Golden Sabre is a perfectly effective, attractive cost point round that I exclusively carry in a high risk security job.

Pity Da Fool that gets hinky on my shift.

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    Nothing negative about the Remington but it's hard to argue the cost of hst. They perform very well and have fed perfectly through every gun I have put them through. The only sd round I have had trouble with is the critical defense getting hung up on the split feed ramp in my pps.

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    I get the hst in bulk at tactical defense solutions for $25 box of 50. Not sure what the golden sabers are there. You can sometimes get the gov contract over run .40s pretty cheap too. I know the Remington have a great reputation

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    HST... Accept no substitute!

hsttacticalle40it0.gif

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You can do all the homwork in the world on what caliber and gun is "best" but in the end during any incident Mr Mr Murphy will rise his head and your forethought is wasted. Pick any good quality JHP from a reputable dealer and you are fine....Just have a plan B,C and D

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    for me I like all that Federal has to offer and I carried (in the past) a glock 21sf and 36 with the HST rounds and liked the way they shoot....never did like the way Remington Golden Sabers went through the gun....what do you think:dunno::dunno::popcorn:

Sounds to me like you have already made the decision!

Top Bottom