Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    For the most part, any good quality hollow point (Gold Dot, Cor Bon, HST, Golden Saber, Hornady) will do the job required. Try several and see what works best for your carry gun.

EDIT: Welcome to the forum!
    Last edited by 9mmfan; 09-07-2012 at 19:54.
    "We could actually be devolving into a dumber species if we are not careful."

Federal HST, Speer Gold Dot, or Hornady Critical Defense are the only three I will use.

Certified Glock Nut
    I've been a Golden Saber fan and user for several years, but I wouldn't turn down HSTs if that's what was available. Hydra-Shoks, OTOH, you couldn't PAY me to use.

White male that likes women lovemachine's Avatar
    I'm actually buying up more Golden Saber's now. I've recently became a fan...
    It's hard to be nice to someone when you want to kick them in the face.

Lost? Try GPS.
    God's Plan for Salvation.

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by shooter521 View Post
    I've been a Golden Saber fan and user for several years, but I wouldn't turn down HSTs if that's what was available. Hydra-Shoks, OTOH, you couldn't PAY me to use.
    Do you care if it's the older version (which is inexpensive right now), or the newer version with the jacket bonded to the lead core?
    Email: Joseph@AdaptiveConsultingandTraining.com

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Certified Glock Nut
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Do you care if it's the older version (which is inexpensive right now), or the newer version with the jacket bonded to the lead core?
    Not really. I've been using it since well before the bonded version was out, so why switch? Buy it cheap and stock it deep, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter521 View Post
    Not really. I've been using it since well before the bonded version was out, so why switch? Buy it cheap and stock it deep, I say.
    In case ya gots ta shoot t'rough glass or somethin'!
    Email: Joseph@AdaptiveConsultingandTraining.com

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

The Golden Sabre is a perfectly effective, attractive cost point round that I exclusively carry in a high risk security job.

Pity Da Fool that gets hinky on my shift.
    When Jefferson said that all men ... are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, he was stating a philosophical premise upon which government in this country was to stand. Because of a combination of ignorance, stupidity, thirst for power, and pathetic government run indoctrination centers (aka public schools) most people don't have the slightest clue of what this premise means much less what a philosophical premise in general is and what it has to do with logic.

Plinker
    Nothing negative about the Remington but it's hard to argue the cost of hst. They perform very well and have fed perfectly through every gun I have put them through. The only sd round I have had trouble with is the critical defense getting hung up on the split feed ramp in my pps.

Certified Glock Nut
    Quote Originally Posted by G582 View Post
    Nothing negative about the Remington but it's hard to argue the cost of hst.
    Ammunition to Go shows HST at $0.60/rd and Golden Saber at $0.62/rd. Not enough to lose sleep over. HST does come in 50ct boxes though, which some folks prefer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast