Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Smith and Wesson M&P 9 - WOW!!

So let me start of by saying Ive always been a Glock Guy. Im not saying that they are better than any other. They have just always caught my attention more and been very reliable for me. But recently I decided I wanted to try something new. Ive seen alot of good reviews on here and on YouTube about the S&W M&P line of pistols. So I went out yesterday and picked one up.

When i arrived at the gun show there were 2 different models that I was interested in. The M&P 9 and the M&P 9 Pro Series ( with the longer slide ). After looking both of them over I went with standard model. The one I got is actually their range/carry package and it came with 3 17 rounds, a blade tech holster and a blade tech mag holster. Both were nice but I didnt really need the competition model.

So after I get it home I really start looking it over and getting a good feel for it and all I can say is wow. I know everyone always said that when you pick up an M&P it just feels natural and im gonna let you know now that they were not lying. It has a very comfortable, very natural feel to it. Then along with the great feel it always seems like it is very well made.

Over the last 2 days I was able to put 300 rounds down range and it didnt have any failures of any kind and it was pretty accurate as well. The trigger is definitley gonna take some getting used to. They advertise it at like 6.5 LBS but i think it is lighter than that. The trigger has a nice crisp break but there is no reset AT ALL. Its not a huge deal but I may look into an apex trigger down the road.

Overall I am very pleased with the Smith and Wesson M&P 9 and I think it is here to stay. If I had to choose I would still take my G17 but that may change over time. Who knows.

Here are some pics of the gun and some targets I shot at 10 yards with cheap range and target ammo.

www.youtube.com/armedcitizen45 (Like, Share, Comment and Subscribe)
    www.facebook.com/armedcitizen45 ( Hit that Like Button )

The APEX RAM will give it a noticeable reset, like the the Glock. You may also consider the AEK single piece trigger. I really like my M&P, but never cared for the hinged trigger.
    Confidence doesn't equal competence.

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
    George S. Patton

This is next on my list..

My wife wants the M&P 22 lol

Really nice guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATM
    The herd is stupid and spooks easily

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier45 View Post
    The APEX RAM will give it a noticeable reset, like the the Glock. You may also consider the AEK single piece trigger. I really like my M&P, but never cared for the hinged trigger.
    So far the trigger itself hasnt really bothered me but I really would like a nice reset and maybe a little bit lighter pull.

Quote Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
    This is next on my list..

My wife wants the M&P 22 lol

Really nice guns.
    I wouldnt mind having the 22 either. Much cheaper to shoot lol

I put the apex dcatk (spelling?) and the RAM in mine and really like it. I have only shot a few glocks so i don't know the trigger difference but my buddy is a glock guy and said my trigger is very glock like, enough that it got him thinking about switching as it fixed his biggest gripe with the m&p. I love mine, got the fullsize and the compact. Would love the pro, the two tone and the shield. One day...

That is sweet! I cant wait to get a M&P! Trying to decide on a 9 or 40.

Quote Originally Posted by 74J10 View Post
    I put the apex dcatk (spelling?) and the RAM in mine and really like it. I have only shot a few glocks so i don't know the trigger difference but my buddy is a glock guy and said my trigger is very glock like, enough that it got him thinking about switching as it fixed his biggest gripe with the m&p. I love mine, got the fullsize and the compact. Would love the pro, the two tone and the shield. One day...
    I might look into getting one. Thats really my only gripe as well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTank View Post
    Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by TheTank View Post
    If you get the 40 you can get a conversion barrel and have a 9mm and 40.

I picked up mine M&P during the summer and I absolutely love it! The first week I had it I put 300rds down the pipe with no problem!!! I also got a great deal on it too! All new in the box! Not sure if I want to do any modifications to it yet but that's later on down the road. It's a great gun! Shoot it all day long!! Hope you enjoy it!!
    Saving lives and shootin guns....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast