• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Yeah, you read that right; Kahr will be releasing an economy version of its pocket .380 in 2013. Finally! Street price should be in the low to mid-$300s. This will put a lot of pressure on sales of the Diamondback DB380 and Ruger LCP (for only a few dollars more, you get a better trigger, a real set of sights and a last-round hold-open), but Kel-Tec and Taurus will still own the low end of the price range.

I will most likely pick one of these up as a spare/backup to my P380.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    But how does the CW380 compare to the P380? Other than price, what's different?

Should be the same differences that exist between Kahr's other C-Series and P-Series pistols:

• traditionally rifled (C) vs. polygonal rifled (P) barrel
    • squared (C) vs. contoured (P) slide edges
    • staked (C) vs. dovetailed (P) front sight
    • polymer (C) vs. metal (P) rear sight
    • cast (C) vs. machined (P) slide stop lever
    • one (C) vs. two (P) magazines

In related news, Kahr will also be releasing a CM45 next year...

Rip007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    How would you rate this with the Sig p238, I have been considering this as a back up?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The CW series are the same size as the P series.

The CM series are the same size as the PM series.

The confusing thing is that the 380 is a "P" and not a "PM" like the other subcompacts.

How would you rate this with the Sig p238, I have been considering this as a back up?

I have fired P238s on several occasions and like them quite a bit, but I would not recommend a single-action gun for pocket carry, which is how I carry my BUG. The Kahr P380 has a similar level of quality to the SIG, but in a smaller, lighter, DAO format. The forthcoming CW380 will be a bit blockier in the slide, but not enough to impact the gun's suitability for carry.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Haven't seen the P380 in a while. How much smaller is it than the CM9? I really like my CM9 and the P380 would be even more convenient for pocket carry... obvious downsides of course being the 380 v 9 and the price to shoot both.

I put alot of rounds through my Kahr before feeling comfortable with it. A few early issues. Doing that with the p380 would be painful. :spend:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Kahr was saying Febuary/March... Any more news on this? I will gladly "test" it out for you guys and let you know if you want one :) but is it possible to get one by say mid April with the current "panic" that we have going on you guys think?

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Kahr was saying Febuary/March... Any more news on this? I will gladly "test" it out for you guys and let you know if you want one :) but is it possible to get one by say mid April with the current "panic" that we have going on you guys think?
    Agreed. I can't even find a source for the CM9. Everyone is sold out.:dunno:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Yeah I actually saw a fair priced CM9 in a local shop at the first of the year when everything started but who knows now, I made a call to a Kahr dealer about 3 weeks ago or so and they couldn't give me an idea of when they would even see the first one much less a price haha it may be a long wait

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    ...as if I needed ANOTHER pocket option to think about.

I'm curious to see how the CW380 size compares to the P3AT. It looks like length is slightly shorter and height is slightly taller vs. P380:

pistol-comparison.jpg

Has anyone owned both a LCP or P3AT and also a P380? Thoughts?

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    I used to own a p380 and it was amazing! Regrettably sold it to an Ingo member. I would definitely be interested in a another version

armiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have also been wondering when this is coming out,I went to their website and priced at 419.00.I have not seen these out anywhere but I love the CM9,so the 380 will be my next pocket gun.Anyone seen these out anywhere? With the quality and price, should take my mind off of the sig.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    the p380 and cw380 are the same size so it would compare just like you have there... I do not own a p380 but I have had one side by side with an lcp. and IMO there is no comparison. The P380 makes the others feel like junk from the feel in the hand to the real sights and stuff. I sadly have not shot it though... The cm9 fits me perfect and is a real treat to shoot and I can't imagine the 380 being bad in anyway, sadly it's just smaller in the hand but that also means smaller in the pocket :) I was looking for a used p380 when I found out about this coming out. Now I just have to find one!

Top Bottom