• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I had a few things transferred into 21st Century Firearms and had to find some room in the safes to store them so while doing that I figured I'd pull out some other stuff. I've got more than this, but these should get this thread started. I know there are others here who love the CZ pistols and know, as I do, that the CZ75 is the finest double action fighting pistol ever invented, and is second in importance in the pistol world only to the 1911.

So let's see your CZs. Big, little, dull or shiny, lets see the photos :popcorn:

P-O1 Compact
    IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012-1.jpg

CZ 75 "Silver Anniversary" nickle plated & factory engraved pistol:

IMG_0013.jpg

CZ 75 C, satin nickle
    IMG_0015.jpg

CZ 75 polished, blue, engraved, inlaid, 30th Anniversary:
    IMG_0018.jpg

Just a couple of CZ 75 B full size pistols, dull black and bright polished:
    IMG_0019.jpg

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Wow!! Nice pistols. I've got 2 Pre B 75s, a 75B and a Kadet Conversion unit. I want an 82/83 pretty badly but need to get some $$ first, or find a trade. I have a CZ452 Standard rifle and a 452 LUX. All function flawlessly and are superbly accurate! I want a 452 American, but ditto the lack of money thing. Do you have any wooden CZ 75 grips you'd like to part with?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Wow!! Nice pistols. I've got 2 Pre B 75s, a 75B and a Kadet Conversion unit.

. . . .

Do you have any wooden CZ 75 grips you'd like to part with?
    First lets see some photos :popcorn: second, no I'm not able to part with any grips.

Nice! those pictures make me want to take a serious look at a CZ
    Clay the CZ 75 is pretty much the perfect fighting arm. The P-01 variant is now one of the more popular military/police duty pistols in the world (outside of the USA). I've carried that one, but the light rail makes it a bit bulkier than I like.

When I carry a CZ, which I admit is not too often, it is a gun that is not pictured. I carry a basis black CZ75-Compact, like the satin finished two tone nickle gun above but basic black. It can be carried standard DA/SA mode or it can be carried "cocked and locked" just like a 1911. Further the controls operate and are located in virtually the same positions as a 1911, making the transition between the two styles of gun seamless.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Here is another CZ 75 Compact. This one is the all black variant, similar to the satin nickel plated gun above. The holster is a Bianchi 106 size 14 OWB. The Compact is an all steel gun, so not a lightweight. For lightweight alloy frames, they also make "D" versions of this gun, its the CZ 75 D Compact and is about 1/3 lighter. The P-01 (first 2 photos in this thread) also has the alloy frame and is also a decocker version, but incorporates a light/laser rail.

2-3-2.jpg

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    When I carry a CZ, which I admit is not too often, it is a gun that is not pictured. I carry a basis black CZ75-Compact, like the satin finished two tone nickle gun above but basic black. It can be carried standard DA/SA mode or it can be carried "cocked and locked" just like a 1911. Further the controls operate and are located in virtually the same positions as a 1911, making the transition between the two styles of gun seamless.

Thanks for the info! So how does the CZ compact compare in size to say a 1911 Commander or Officer model? and the big question: Who around here will carry them? :)

thanks!
    clay

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for the info! So how does the CZ compact compare in size to say a 1911 Commander or Officer model? and the big question: Who around here will carry them? :)

thanks!
    clay
    CZ 75 Compact is roughly the size of a Commander model, it is available in the SA/DA "safety" version or the SA/DA "decocker" version. The "decocker" version uses a lightweight alloy frame. The "safety" version is steel. The P-01 version is virtually identical in size but has the accessory rail, it also has an "alloy" frame.

As for gun shops that carry CZ in Terra Heute, no clue. You could go to the CZ USA website and look up dealers.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Here is my 75B with the grips I made for her.

IMG_5474.jpg

IMG_5475.jpg

Wow, you made those? They look great. I'm not a fan of thumb rest on a carry gun just in case you might need to use it with your weak hand, but those still look great. Was lookin at a CZ82 today but it was pretty rough. I might see if I can get one at the 1500 and then refinish it.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    What advantage do these guys have over a Glock or an XD? They look attractive, but do they perform and function well?

Dude! Glad you asked!

Do they perform well? Yes, they're attractive, but they perform better than they look. Known for three things: Extremely high reliability, extremely high accuracy, and extremely high durability. That's all.

I have a P01 I bought a few weeks ago. I've put 700 rounds through it without a single malfunction. And it's dead on accurate. And it's ergonomics are fantastic.

The entire line is great, but the P01 is the only pistol you can buy that has been through NATO testing - which you can read about if you Google it.

There's a piece of me that doesn't want everyone to know just how great these guns are, but I can't help but want to sing CZ's praises.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    There's a piece of me that doesn't want everyone to know just how great these guns are, but I can't help but want to sing CZ's praises.

Exactly! I've thought the same thing. It's as if I want to keep CZ a secret so the price won't go up and I can buy more of their guns! The CZ 75 is right behind the 1911 as being the most copied design in the world. They are extremely well built and thought out. The famous Bren Ten was copied from the CZ75. You can carry them in standard double action mode or cocked and locked. I've shot my CZs thousands of times and have had zero problems with them. They are very accurate right out of the box as well. I'm keeping quiet about the 452/453 line of rifles until I get a couple more! :twocents:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008

Exactly! I've thought the same thing. It's as if I want to keep CZ a secret so the price won't go up and I can buy more of their guns! The CZ 75 is right behind the 1911 as being the most copied design in the world.
    Guys these guns are NOT a secret but many of the Tupperware lovers simply overlook them and look down on them because they are not Tupperware. CZ makes some of the BEST guns in the world. For folks who love their AKs, CZ did one better and made improvements to it. For folks who love Mauser style rifles, take a look at the CZ line of bolt guns, simply awesome.

But if you are a SERIOUS pistol person then you've known about these guns for the last 20+ years. The CZ 75 is among the best of the best, and like the 1911, it is one of the most copied. The EAA Witness line, the Armalite AT24, the Tangafalo (sp?) line, the "Baby Eagle" and the "Jericho" line made in Israel are 5 of the brands out there today that are direct copies of the CZ 75. Compare a Bersa Thunder to a CZ 58, you'll notice more than a few similarities so its not just the CZ75 that is copied.

BTW the CZ 75 fits most/many of the Browning HP holster for carry purposes. Thes can be carried "cocked & locked" like a 1911, and they can be carried in the more politically correct DA/SA mode.

The CZ-75 and its "off-spring" have caught on with shooters not only in the US, but also wherever handgunners have any choice in their personal sidearm. This all steel recoil-operated, locked breech, semiautomatic handgun was originally brought out in 9x19mm and that's the caliber we'll be looking at in this article. Pre-Ban magazines are conventional double-stack and holds 15 rounds of ammunition. The pistol has fixed sights in normal trim and is conventionally rifled with a 1:10 twist in its 4.72" barrel.

This is a conventional double-action/single-action pistol that also has a frame mounted thumb safety of ample size that allows for "Condition One" (cocked and locked) carry which is very popular among many serious carriers. The pistol is 8" long and came with black plastic grips, a generous tang, and a hammer with an equally generous spur. The thumb safety, magazine release button, and slide stop lever are not ambidextrous on the CZ-75 as a rule, but at least one exception to this exists in a transitional model when the gun was evolving from the earlier version to the CZ-75B. This work focuses on a Pre-B CZ-75, but whenever possible, I will make comparisons to the CZ-75B, the model sold today. Not discussed will be the CZ-85, 97, nor other versions, but they do have much in common with the CZ-75.

This 2.2-lb. pistol was apparently brought out for sale beyond the Iron Curtain as 9x19mm was not used by communist regimes in Europe. Because of unpleasantness between communist countries and the United States, we could not get the pistol in this country except on a sporadic basis and importation was an "on again-off again" type affair. Some paid pretty hefty prices for an example of the gun that gun trainer, war hero, and Gunsite founder, Col. Jeff Cooper had dubbed the "world's best service nine." Its appeal was rivaled by its scarcity! (Mercifully, this has reversed in recent years and the CZ-75B and CZ handguns in general represent "best buys" in my opinion.)

Early Pre-B pistols had shorter slide rails and crude ring hammers. That has been dramatically improved and modern (last 15+ years) pistols do have the customary half-cock notch although some of the earliest pistols did not. Slide rails measure approximately 5.5."

In the Pre-B pistols, the fixed sights tended toward the past. In other words, they were smallish and hard to see, particularly if you're in a hurry. The rear sight on any CZ-75 is relatively high for the short front sight. (Current CZ-75B pistols have fixed sights that are easier to see at speed than the Pre-B.)

The recoil spring guide in the Pre-B is steel and not a "full length" type affair. It's similar to the standard GI recoil spring guide found in the 1911 and unlike the Browning Hi Power, it does not apply downward tensioning of the slide stop lever. While the slide stop lever shaft passes through the rear of the Browning Hi Power spring guide, the CZ's does not. It's more like that found on the 1911.

Next to my custom Detonics Combat Masters, this is my favorite pistol . . . clearly its a quality choice, not a choice based on the "newest" model introduced.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I bought my full-sized EAA 'Witness' CZ-75 clone back before the real deal was importable. I'd read the stuff that the late Col. Cooper et al had been writing about the design and was naturally both curious and skeptical.

I ran across it LNIB with two full-cap mags and "Wonderfinish" at Bradi's for $225 and figured I could afford that to satisfy my curiousity. If nothing else, it'd make for decent trade goods if it turned out that I didn't like it for some reason.

It 'feels' just right in my hand, came with decent fixed sights, hits right where I point it and digests whatever ammo it's fed without a burp. After 8.5K + rounds the finish shows only very minor polishing on the rails and where the bottom of the slide rides over the hammer. Nothing has broken or worn out. The main, recoil and FP springs may be comming due for another routine changing here shortly, but I see that as normal in any semiauto.

I've never really considered swapping it for a 'real' CZ-75, mostly because it's paid for and it works so well.

IMO, the CZ-75 design is everything they said it was, plus some.

I also own a CZ-97B. OTB, it shoots every bit as well as the Big Name custom 1911 that I waited nine months and paid nearly 3X the money for. Same basic virtues as the 75 and only a tad larger.

I'd post pics, but for some reason I'm not allowed to.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    But if you are a SERIOUS pistol person then you've known about these guns for the last 20+ years. The CZ 75 is among the best of the best, and like the 1911, it is one of the most copied. The EAA Witness line, the Armalite AT24, the Tangafalo (sp?) line, the "Baby Eagle" and the "Jericho" line made in Israel are 5 of the brands out there today that are direct copies of the CZ 75. Compare a Bersa Thunder to a CZ 58, you'll notice more than a few similarities so its not just the CZ75 that is copied.

Don't forget the Sphinx pistols. These are $1,500-$3,000 pistols that are copied from the CZ line. This Swiss company wanted to start making firearms and looked at every kind out there and decided on the CZ style. Check them out for yourself. I want a grand master 3000:D

Sphinx Systems Ltd.

Not to mention that they are all metal. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Yeah I know CZ is not a true secret, I was just adding a little levity. I was at KS&E and was fortunate enough to pick up a new CZ catalog and it's amazing. There are so many guns in there that I want! Unfortunately for me I bought my Pre B guns, 1 black and 1 Tropical finish, when they were made behind the Iron Curtain and not being imported into the US. They still bring premiums but nothing like what I paid for them. It's ok, I'd never sell either one of them anyway. Great guns with an interesting history.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    many of the Tupperware lovers simply overlook them and look down on them because they are not Tupperware.

:rolleyes:

I'm a Glock guy through-and-through (see my user title), but I gotta say that CZ-75 and its ilk (-75B, BD, P01, CZ40 and even the Rami) are friggin' bulletproof. AND they look sexy. :) If I had to carry a double-stack, traditional DA gun, it would probably be a CZ of some sort.

Top Bottom