• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    SOURCE: Officer searching UIC accidentally discharges gun - Chicago Breaking News

March 6, 2009 7:28 PM |
    A police officer for the University of Illinois at Chicago accidentally discharged his weapon while responding to a report of possible gunfire on the campus this afternoon, but no injuries were reported.

Hum... I'm sure it was a GLOCK. Since it's the only know gun in the world to be so dangerous and just go off by itself.

Thus why I'm a 1911 fanboy! :laugh:

Sorry DARK SIDE users but I just had to poke fun at your plastic GLOCK.
    <<Jedi going to his fall out shelther while the GLOCK lovers come a knocking!>>

Birddogs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    I'm going to try my best not to get started in this Glock vs. The Others argument, because we all know who comes out on top.

So on that note, did anybody else read the story jediagh gave a link to, heres an exact quote "While responding, the officer drew his gun and accidentally discharged the weapon into the ground," said UIC spokesman Mark Rosati.

Sounds to me like it wasn't a Glock malfunction. Just my 2 cents.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It is operator booger hook error 99.99% of the time.

(And the XD guys usually come out on top.:laugh:)

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I'm going to try my best not to get started in this Glock vs. The Others argument, because we all know who comes out on top.

So on that note, did anybody else read the story jediagh gave a link to, heres an exact quote "While responding, the officer drew his gun and accidentally discharged the weapon into the ground," said UIC spokesman Mark Rosati.

Sounds to me like it wasn't a Glock malfunction. Just my 2 cents.

I actually agree. These are the kinds of things that happen ALL the time due to sub-par training. Or at least what I believe to be sub-par training.

There are four cardinal rules of firearm safety.

1. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target, AND you have made the decision to shoot.
      1. I'm pretty sure following this rule would have prevented the ND
    2. Treat each firearm as if it's always loaded
      1. "Unloaded" guns kill people every year.
      2. This provides a single, safe way of handling guns. Loaded or otherwise.
    3. Don't point your firearm at anything you are unwilling to destroy.
      1. Like your head, hand, leg, butt, partner, television, etc....
    4. Know your target, and what's beyond.
      1. Don't shoot at a bad guy, and kill the pregnant lady 25' behind him....
    How is it that police officers, and others, manage to frost rounds off in their homes, at their partners, into the ground next to a bad guy's head who is firmly restrained, etc?

It seems training that follows the three R's would really help in all of these cases.
    Realistic - Relevant - Recent

:soapbox:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    How is it that police officers, and others, manage to frost rounds off in their homes, at their partners, into the ground next to a bad guy's head who is firmly restrained, etc?

because lets face it, some people are idiots. if they werent busting off NDs, theyd be wrecking cars or something.

sjach virlym

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    columbus in
    have to agree with atm xd's and xdm's win hands down. but guns dont kill people people that dont know what they are doing kill people... if guns kill people then knives stab people

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Syracuse, In
    At least he had his gun loaded!
    It is gun hating Illinois you know!
    Those guys at UOI get little or no training compared to say what is recieved by an Indiana Boy Scout troop!

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I carry either my XD or my CZ neither have the problem of being a glock.... or a 1911. They go bang only when I want them to, and every time i want them to.

Top Bottom