• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dfranks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    HI everyone. About 10 years ago I got out of shooting and sold all of my firearms. I'm now getting back into them and am looking to purchase a Glock 19. I've never owned a Glock before, though I have shot them before, and would like your input. If I were to purchase an accessory or two for it what would you suggest? Slide stop, night sights, mag release extension, etc. Thanks in advance for your input

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    If you get a Gen4 Glock 19, it's has a bigger mag button, I really like it.

I'd skip the extended slide stop, as thumbs could look the slide back while shooting.

Nights sights are a good option, others like using a fibre optic front sight.

If you google "25 cent trigger job", you'll find some good tips for polishing up the trigger

A 3.5# connector is also a favorite in a carry gun as well.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Good Lord Man, there are more accessories for Glock than any other hand gun.

Which ones depend on what your plans for use of the weapon are. So a little more information please.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana

I'd skip the extended slide stop, as thumbs could look the slide back while shooting.

If you google "25 cent trigger job", you'll find some good tips for polishing up the trigger

i second this all i would add to the equation is if your using this for home defense think of a light setup for it.

dfranks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Good Lord Man, there are more accessories for Glock than any other hand gun.

Which ones depend on what your plans for use of the weapon are. So a little more information please.
    LOL, yeah, I did notice there seems to be a lot of options. Mainly it would be used for day to day carry besides practicing at the range

dfranks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013

Yeah, I've seen the '25 cent trigger job' and have thought about that as well. But you do bring up another point. I was looking at both the Gen3 and Gen4 but didn't really see much difference unless I'm overlooking something. Any suggestions of one over the other?

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    Accessory problem solved!!

image-13_zps6812f0c6.jpg

Just in case..........

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would avoid trigger mods for a carry gun, except for maybe polishing. The things I personally do are:

. 25 trigger job
    Heinie straight 8/I dot pro sights
    Remove finger grooves, slight hump reduction, slight trigger guard undercut, and Stippled frame.
    Grip plug

A light may or may not be practical depending on how you carry, but i always have one on my person at all times. Of course a good holster almost goes unsaid, i like the comptac mtac. Good luck.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    I'm currently waiting for my new Gen4 G19 to arrive.

So far I've ordered the Ameri-Glo (Ken) Hackathorn sights (review) Esrice with Hackathorn

I also ordered a Grip Force Adapter after seeing review from Ken Hackathorn, Paul Gomez, Bill Rogers and Dave Harrington. Figured for $25, why not give it a try.

I'll do the .25 trigger job and then :shoot:

This may be a coincidence, but my name is Bill Rogers.....Where did you see this review??

Anyways, as far as extras for a glock, I personally say a couple extra mags, A serpa lv 2 holster, an uncle mikes IWB holster(for cc) and a light that attaches on the rail(for the things that go 'bump' in the night)

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    If this is going to be your daily carry...There are 3 things you should buy before anything else.

1. Night Sights. It is a proven fact that most defensive shootings happen in low light. Night sights will be critical in that event.

2. A comfortable and good holster. Most people start with a cheap holster. Because of this, the gun is not comfortable to carry and they stop carrying the gun. A good holster will help you keep that gun with you at all times. So you have it if you ever need it.

3. Spare magazines. I recommend that each person have a bare minimum of 5 magazines for each gun they own. However, with the magazine rush out there right now...this one will be more difficult. Check with the store you buy your gun from. They might be able to get you more mags. But I would focus on the other 2 first.

Top Bottom