• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I would look at the Kahr lineup if you are looking at something of this size.Look at the cm9 ,I looked at these and believe the 2nd gen is good but stay away from gen 1.

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    I think they are a good starting out gun. Gen 2 has "fixed" most of the complaints about the originals. I have an original Gen 1 "Skyy", before the lawsuit to change the name. I love it. It is my backup. You can't beat their customer service though. Just my 2cents.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I have a CPX2, new in Dec; so far so good. 400+ rounds and not a single problem.

Be sure that you get one with a BLACK box, it has all the upgrades.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I have a Gen-1 Skky and glad to see there are people who like them. Great little pistol for the money and can't beat the customer service.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I know there are a few Sccy fans on this forum. Up until joining, I hadn't heard much about them, good or bad.

I ditto the suggestion on looking into Kahr's though. Any of the C series are great pistols at an excellent price. Perfect for someone starting to conceal carry. I have shot a CM and I own a CW. I have been very happy.

Either way, best of luck with your search.

InRon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Bump this thread instead of a yet another new one. I am interested in the CPX2 - how do the people who own these feel about them? I'd rather hear feedback from owners of THIS gun and not you should buy x instead.

phearly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indianapolis,IN
    So far I am very happy with mine. I have a CPX1(gen2 stainless). The "CPX1 just means it's got an external safety. My only gripe about mine is that the plastic "ridge" around the safety lever kind of digs into my hand sometimes while firing...I think I would go with a CPX2(no safety) if I had it to do over. I cooincidentally just got back from the Indy Trading Post a few minutes ago where I was getting some practice in on my SCCY. It shot flawlessly this time as it usually does. I think so far I've fired maybe around 300 rounds through it. I've only had 2 FTE's and with those the chamber was VERY dirty & I was using Tula steel-cased ammo(SCCY doesn't recommend steel ammo). It seems accurate & doesn't have much more kick to it than my Hi-point C9. I bought mine from Apocalypse Armory in Greenwood(a home-based FFL) for around $300, but I noticed that ZX guns had a BUNCH of SCCY's for $269 at the 1500 this last time. Their customer service so far seems great as well. I stupidly broke the trigger lock by turning it the wrong direction...they sent me one free of charge and included an updated guide rod/recoil spring assembly because I inquired about it(the original hasn't broken or anything). I don't have any 1st-hand experience with guns like the Kahr's but I DO know that they are a heck of a lot more expensive than the CPX & the CPX fits the needs that I bought it for very well. I'd say go for it...if my wife wouldn't kill me I would like to get another one(CPX2 black)...but she would never "go for it"!:D

Last edited:

Desdinova

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Austin
    One of the great things about SCCY is the lifetime warranty that follow the gun, not the owner. If you are concerned about whether you particular handgun has all of the upgrades, you can simply call SCCY, give them the serial number and if it needs work, they will do it.

InRon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Well, I got to put 150 rounds through the CPX2 yesterday and I am pretty pleased. I shot 115gr Remington UMC and Geco with no feed, fire or eject issues. DAO triggers are new to me but after a couple magazines I was happy with the accuracy at 7yds and reasonably happy at 15yds (bigger groups - but I'm sure that's me!) The recoil was very reasonable for a small frame BUT what surprised me was the trigger slap. My finger is still sore this morning. I had heard people talk about feed issues, trigger break, frame pins, dropping magazines but nothing about this. It seemed to get better as I shot but I'm not sure if it really did or my finger just got numb. I will post a question on the SCCY site to see if anyone else has experienced this and what, if anything, can be done. I have an 81xxx serial number so all of the fixes that I've seen discussed should be included. For less than $300 it is good, if I can resolve the trigger slap it will be great.

phearly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indianapolis,IN
    I can't say that I've had that problem with mine. The only discomfort that I've experienced at all is from the safety ridge. The SCCY forum is pretty decent though...I'm sure someone there will know what's up with it.

Top Bottom