Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47
  1. #31
    Plinker
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    243
    My new Glock 36 shot high too ..4" at 20 yds. even with a 6 o"clock hold. Glock will send you a rear sight that will give you a lower POI...free. A good gun shop will have a press to push it in so you don"t have to hammer it in. That is what I did.

  2. #32
    Grandmaster Blackhawk2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NW Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootsforfun View Post
    What? The OP is talking about a Glock 17. I seriously doubt you guys are shooting handguns at 100yards with any accuracy...
    In 2005 I watched a MCSD firearms instructor consistently hit a target at 100 yards at the State Police range in Pendleton. I certainly can't do that with a Glock (probably couldn't do it with a rifle), but I have seen it done with a Glock.
    "When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." Robert A. Heinlein

  3. #33
    Plinker patricktjms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Springport, Indiana
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian8 View Post
    My new Glock 36 shot high too ..4" at 20 yds. even with a 6 o"clock hold. Glock will send you a rear sight that will give you a lower POI...free. A good gun shop will have a press to push it in so you don"t have to hammer it in. That is what I did.

    Good to know!
    Its not rocket surgery...

  4. #34
    Master HoughMade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Valparaiso
    Posts
    4,402
    Quote Originally Posted by drillsgt View Post


    You talking to me
    Not really, but it seems you and I agree.
    The Elephant's Man's family should buy Michael Jackson's bones."- Adam Carolla

  5. #35
    Master HoughMade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Valparaiso
    Posts
    4,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootsforfun View Post
    Yes, I see but, He is shooting at a 2Ft circle..
    ...but it was also 230 yards, not 100 yards.

    Me? I don't shoot a handgun that far, but a lot of people do.
    The Elephant's Man's family should buy Michael Jackson's bones."- Adam Carolla

  6. #36
    Plinker Shootsforfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk2001 View Post
    In 2005 I watched a MCSD firearms instructor consistently hit a target at 100 yards at the State Police range in Pendleton. I certainly can't do that with a Glock (probably couldn't do it with a rifle), but I have seen it done with a Glock.

    I didn't say that it wasn't possible. Sure you can hit a target at 100 yards with a pistol, I just said it wasn't going to be point of aim accurate...
    "no law ever prevented a Crime"

  7. #37
    Grandmaster Denny347's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Napganistan
    Posts
    7,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootsforfun View Post
    What? The OP is talking about a Glock 17. I seriously doubt you guys are shooting handguns at 100yards with any accuracy...
    I can keep them on "paper" at 100yrds but the grouping opens up considerably. It's really not hard. Body shots only...no head shots.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

  8. #38
    Grandmaster Denny347's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Napganistan
    Posts
    7,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk2001 View Post
    In 2005 I watched a MCSD firearms instructor consistently hit a target at 100 yards at the State Police range in Pendleton. I certainly can't do that with a Glock (probably couldn't do it with a rifle), but I have seen it done with a Glock.
    Might have been me. I was there doing that with Deputy Courtney (full time instructor I was instructing with but he has since retired).
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

  9. #39
    Master cedartop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North of Notre Dame.
    Posts
    3,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootsforfun View Post
    I didn't say that it wasn't possible. Sure you can hit a target at 100 yards with a pistol, I just said it wasn't going to be point of aim accurate...
    You are right, I hit about 9 inches below my point of aim at 100 yrds.
    Michael Swisher
    Owner/Operator Paladin Combatives LLC
    Visit my Facebook page
    Paladin Combatives website

  10. #40
    Grandmaster Denny347's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Napganistan
    Posts
    7,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootsforfun View Post
    I didn't say that it wasn't possible. Sure you can hit a target at 100 yards with a pistol, I just said it wasn't going to be point of aim accurate...
    I aim center mass (albeit the front sight covers the target mostly) and hit center mass with a large grouping. I've never had to "Kentucky windage" my Glocks EVER.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •