• ...and so much more!
  • JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Looking at a new carry gun, something nearly the size of a Kahr or S&W J frame but with the sights and capacity nearer a USP Compact (not asking much). One of the guys on Subguns.com was recommending a Spinx Subcompact 9mm and was wondering if anyone had one yet? If so was wondering how you liked it and maybe work out meeting, have ammo (purchased two elections ago ....).

SDP Subcompact | SPHINX Arms

sphinx-subcompact1.png

Wazimu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    It appears that Sphinx pistols are not presently imported into the United States. As a custom made gun, it would be expensive, even if you could get one.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    This is exactly what I've been waiting for someone to make, hopefully they make a thinner single stack version too.

Although at the price I'm hearing I'll never get to try one. If you're charging more than $400-$600 for a polymer, sub compact carry gun, you're doing it wrong.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    The Sphinx line appears to be blue printed and modified CZ's, which in turn are a good starting point.

The sub compact is an interesting spot in the line up, being a little smaller than the Compact full size guns (i.e. Glock 19, USP Compact etc.) and possible a little better shooting than the "pocket" 9mms like a Kahar.

BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    This is exactly what I've been waiting for someone to make, hopefully they make a thinner single stack version too.

Although at the price I'm hearing I'll never get to try one. If you're charging more than $400-$600 for a polymer, sub compact carry gun, you're doing it wrong.
    The Spinx site had a list of 1295.00

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana

Except that the quality is on par with an Ed Brown or Nighthawk 1911......for less than half of the price, more capacity and similar accuracy.

menzzer37

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Noblesville
    Not even close to a P-07 in quality.. night and day. That's like saying a Rock Island looks like an Ed Brown, so why pay more for the Brown. Trigger is awesome and they aren't $1300... that's MSRP. Can be had for around $1050-1100.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not even close to a P-07 in quality.. night and day. That's like saying a Rock Island looks like an Ed Brown, so why pay more for the Brown. Trigger is awesome and they aren't $1300... that's MSRP. Can be had for around $1050-1100.

Technically a Rock Island does LOOK like an Ed Brown. I'm sure it's a nice pistol but still $1100 is a bit steep.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I would be very concerned about the after-market support for these guns. The things i've read say that getting replacement parts is extremely difficult. Other than that, from what i've heard, they seem to be really exceptionally well made guns.

Top Bottom