• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I've been a fan of the XDs 45 since it was released. I tested mine thoroughly before rendering an opinion with over 1k rounds fired before the review. The only gripe I had about the XDs 45, aside from the grip safety, was the fact it was in the wrong caliber.

Springfield has remedied that with the XDs 9. Here's my thoughts on the new XDs 9 and how I feel it stacks up to the competition.

XDs 9mm Review – Raising the bar | The Bang Switch

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Good video, thanks for posting, always like your videos.

My only disagreement is still the comment that the XDS and Shield are great pocket guns. You go on the notion that everyone wears pants that are specifically designed to have huge pockets vs regular (not skinny) jeans or business casual (khakis) which is what I wear most of the time. Nothing wrong with wearing 5.11 tactical stuff, it's nice, but you are basing your stance soley on that and most people don't wear those "man pants" around everywhere. I still think the .380's are the best for pocket carry (LCP, P380, etc)

I love my M&P Shield, use it mostly for when I wear tshirts or a tucked in polo and carry it IWB in a Crossbreed Minituck but in regular jeans pockets it would look ridiculous. I might be able to get away with carrying it in my cargo shorts but that's about it.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Very nice post. Good info. I have shot the XDs in .45 and was impressed. I probably won't switch from my CM9's though. Seeing as how I don't have Yeti hands, I can handle the smaller CM9.

SnakEEater

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    IN
    Great review. I carry a cm9 or xdm 4.5 in 9mm. I really liked the xds in .45 acp but wanted to stay in 9mm. I'm pleased to hear the positives of the xds in 9mm.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    We have them as well. Disagree it's in the wrong caliber though. The .45 is quite manageable, and a pleasure to shoot. I think Springfield was smart to come out with such a small .45, AND THEN the 9mm to get a chunk of the sub compact 9 single stack market.

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    Thanks for the review. I have seriously been thinking about the .45 for a summer gun but since I only have 9mm's now I was thinking this might be a perfect fit.

Top Bottom