• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Many of my viewers/readers have asked me to look into low cost alternatives to the big brand names in defensive handguns. I've been looking into this for a couple of months and I think I've settled on a solid performer to recommend you give consideration to.

SAR B6P 9mm Pistol | The Bang Switch

The EAA SAR B6P is a Turkish made, polymer framed, 9mm pistol based on the CZ75. It comes to market at around $300 and it seems to be a good alternative for those folks on a budget.

Questions and comments are welcome.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Nice review. I'd probably buy one IF it used CZ75 magazines. No desire to add another type of magazine to the pile. Sounds like a heck of a good value.

I totally agree. That coupled with the fact mine only shipped with one magazine and that really kind of sucks. I'll have to check into buying some spare mags, hopefully they're not $49 each.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Update.

I originally only tried my older CZ75B mags with the B6P which have a single locking cut in them. They didn't work. The newer CZ75B/SP-01 mags with dual locking cuts will seat, lock and apparently work in the B6P.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    The O.E.M. CZ 75 mags will work in mine but the function is a little iffy. Wouldn't want to bet my life on it staying in the well. And as posted new mags are only $26. Looking inside the SAR is almost a mirror image of my CZ 75. Great gun for the money. I bought and carry the 4..5 barrel all day with no discomfort. Love the cock and lock.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Service?

Many of my viewers/readers have asked me to look into low cost alternatives to the big brand names in defensive handguns. I've been looking into this for a couple of months and I think I've settled on a solid performer to recommend you give consideration to.

SAR B6P 9mm Pistol | The Bang Switch

The EAA SAR B6P is a Turkish made, polymer framed, 9mm pistol based on the CZ75. It comes to market at around $300 and it seems to be a good alternative for those folks on a budget.

Questions and comments are welcome.

My concern here would be service if needed. My experience with EAA, is they pay no shipping either way and their attitude was less than good.
    This was a couple of years ago, and maybe they have improved.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I picked up a sar b6 compact the other day. I am quite impressed. The fit and finish is way above your typical $299 gun. I've put a mix of fmj and hp ammo ranging from 115 grn to 147 grn with no issues. I bought this pistol on a whim, I didn't have a need for it in my carry setup but I have a feeling it will become a favorite. Its proven its self to be accurate and reliable, definately better than expected. The trigger pull gets better after a few hundred rounds, the single actions pretty darn good. Purchasing it through davidsons gallery of guns also got me around the headache of EAA if I was to ever have an issue.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I've been looking for a new 9mm and looked at a B6P, nice gun, and I was going to look for one at the Shipshawana gun show this weekend.
    A couple of days ago, I stumbled upon a Canik 55/Tristar C100 with 2 15 round mags. Another Turkish offering that's a clone of the CZ75. Fit and finish are excellent. Going to the range in the morning:ar15: It's such close copy that I ordered a set of CZ75 grips for it today.(couple of web sites said they match, and the internet never lies)

View attachment 19962 View attachment 19963

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have an Armalite AR-24K which is another Sarsilmaz built gun from Turkey. It's one of the nicest guns I own in terms of fit and finish and is every bit as nice as my other CZs, if not better. The AR-24K is all steel and weighs a bit, but it's a rock solid gun. Sarsilmaz knows how to put together a quality gun. I'm hoping to add a SAR K2 to the collection one of these days.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Just picked up an EAA Witness P compact a few weeks ago. My best friend bought the B6P the same day. The coolest thing about the two... we can put each others slides on each others lowers and shoot. They're interchangeable guns.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I traded into one a couple weeks ago, I"m not a 9mm Fan (read hate) but I try to keep an open mind and hate to be left out of the inside circle of Cool guys,

I'm pretty impressed with it, It's a solid, reliable (so far), predictable pistol,
    I've owned EAA's before and been pleased,

I have to say in honesty I"m pleased but not excited but it's more personal preference than any real faults with the pistol,

Here's my one picky thing,

I think one of its biggest strength is also it's biggest weakness. (don't flame I'll tell)

The very low slide makes a great pointing and low recoil firearm it definitely has an advantage over similar taller slide firearms, People with 1911's and such do a lot of slide lightening to get the same result as the EAA comes with. (Now the Rub), I shot a EAA witness Match in IPSC for about 5-6 years, and the reduced recoil was a major bonus, BUT When a FTE,FTF, ect comes up the slide (without the ugly kickstand) is hard to grasp firmly in a hurry, EVERY time I had a problem in competition while the RO was crawling over my back and the seconds were ticking away I would over grab the slide and would have to adjust my grip and more than once I tore the thumb nail off my left hand trying to work the slide quickly, I trained and trained but could not get the over grab out of my system when the clock was running.

Every gun/ammo combo eventually has a hiccup and my EAA hiccup were costing me blood and time

Transport

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    Ahoy! I picked up a SAR B6P full size at the local Rural King, they had them on sale for $264.00. I did some online research before I found the sale ad. I took the gamble and bought one. Took it to the range after I cleaned it up and lubed it. Ran a couple hundred rounds through it and could tell the trigger and action improved. Shoots dead on at 7, 15 and 25 yards. With a sandbag rest at 15 yards and using the White box Winchester stuff the group was just over 1.5 inches! Sights line up quick and I can see this as becoming my EDC. I double checked the DA with a snap cap, lowered the hammer and then tried pushing on the hammer to get it to fire. Would not. So it would be safe to carry with one in the snout, and safety off for that quick first shot. Safety on if you feel squeamish about having the weapon loaded ready to go. I say get one now before the word gets out how great a pistol this is. Glad I got one!

Top Bottom