• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm looking for a new OWB holster for my XDs and I saw some at Blade-Tech. One of their holsters has an FBI Cant.
    Is that a 15 degree forward cant?

It's not a standardized angle, but 15 degrees is usually about right. I know CompTac FBI is 15.

It just means "forward body indexed", it's not like a "federal bureau of investivation" standard or anything.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Personally, I don't like the FBI cant. It doesn't work with how I train my gun which is no cant at all.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It's not a standardized angle, but 15 degrees is usually about right. I know CompTac FBI is 15.

It just means "forward body indexed", it's not like a "federal bureau of investivation" standard or anything.

Learn something new everyday. Always figured is was the Bureaus standard. Never even gave it a second thought.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I like cant for a concealed carry holster. It pushes the grip of the gun forward so that it doesn't stick out the back and print as bad or hit things. Also much easier to sit and draw while seated. Like the OP I thought FBI was 15 degrees. Learn something new.

Holsters like the OWB bladetech or Comp-Tac paddle ride a little further from the body and lower then what I like for CC. No cant in this case makes for a faster draw.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Depends on where you carry. Cant is usually found on holsters carried behind 3 o'clock (for a right handed shooter). Ideally, it's also variable in that the farther back you carry the more cant is usually needed for a comfortable draw - all the way back to SOB carry with a 90 deg. cant. Carry from 3 o'clock forward to 12 is usually zero. Go across to the "other side" and you run into holsters with "reverse" cant for crossdraw.

Depends where you carry and what's comfortable to you.

Top Bottom