• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Anyone send a gun back to Ruger recently? My brother is sending a Single Six back tomorrow for a rebuild/refinish, just wondering what your experience was like.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I sent a Super Blackhawk back to them in the 90's. I don't remember any problems. Came back to me the way I wanted it.

dwain

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Along the Wabash
    If it is an Old Model Single Six (pre 1973), and has not had the safety bar conversion done to it, they will do it before sending it back to you. Some people do not want this done to their gun. It would not bother me, as it a safety issue.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I sent in a Super Blackhawk and received excellent service in a short time. The only fly in the ointment was the FedEx charge to send it there.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    I will say this. If every company had customer service like that of Ruger, I would have roughly 50% less headaches in my life. I literally cannot think of a company, (firearms related or not) that has more of a "above and beyond" style of customer service then theirs.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I've never had to send anything back to Ruger but from what I've heard, their CS is excellent. As stated above.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    If it is an Old Model Single Six (pre 1973), and has not had the safety bar conversion done to it, they will do it before sending it back to you. Some people do not want this done to their gun. It would not bother me, as it a safety issue.

It's a New Model so already has the safety bar.
    Sounds like he should be happy with the fast turn around. He's having it completely gone through the hammer jams up on it, and re blued.

INDY45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    Henryville, Indiana
    Sent a brand new stainless bearcat back, Trigger felt gritty and all frame screws were loose, tightened them and the guns hammer and trigger would lock up. Sent back to Ruger and they replaced all internals and I got it back in about a week. They have great customer service.

digitalrebel80

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    New Whiteland
    I sent one in last year with a barrel problem wrote a long letter drew pictures of the problem and they still sent it back saying nothing was wrong. Same thing happened to a friend of mine last year also. We both just fixed it ourselves.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I just got mine back this week. I sent it in on a Monday and would have received it the next Monday, but Fed Ex needed me to be home to sign for it. I was VERY pleased with Ruger customer service. I had a SR22 that the slide turned a plum color, and e-mailed them pictures. They sent me a prepaid label and I had it back in a week. Nothing but good here!!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I broke a Ruger Blackhawk Bisley while cleaning it (gun looked up like a bank vault). Returned it to the FFL where I bought it (Sportsman's Warehouse) and had it back in 2 weeks. Did not charge me anything and Ruger had to replace the barrel.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Update..UPS Sucks!
    So Ruger said to send it Fed-ex or UPS, The Hardware store here in town ships UPS, "OH it's a gun? You have to take it to Plymouth"... Plymouth " Oh gun parts?.. you have to take it to Bourben"..
    So my brother dropped it off at the LGS said he'd ship it back for my brother.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    Sent a LCP back and had it back in under 2 weeks.

I had a 20-30% failure to fire rate. The primer strike was waay off center. It was as if the machining was completely off - you could see it by just looking at the bolt face.

works great now- Ruger customer service was fine.

Top Bottom