• Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    2575996_01_blaze_orange_ruger_lcp_380acp__640.jpg

Ruger LCP suffering the shame of misguided individuality.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    There was a period of time where I was seriously considering getting a pistol Cerakoted to a blue-jean color so it would blend better with my pants. :blush:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There are some stippled fiascos out there.

Loud colors are one thing. You can always repaint, but a deformed grip might require some magic bondo or something.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    There are some stippled fiascos out there.

Loud colors are one thing. You can always repaint, but a deformed grip might require some magic bondo or something.

God, this.

Stippling UP into the WEB area of the hand on a poly-pistol seems like a good idea, until they fire a box or more of ammo. Hamburger Helper...

Or my fav: I'll trade you for my stippled frame Glock, it was done "Professionally" (read: I bought a propane torch, cut down a clothes hanger and gouged THROUGH the frame several times). Some goofball tried to pass off a Glock on me that was stippled (but not into the web of the hand area, so I bought into it), but I ended up walking away when I stripped it down (to his dismay) and found that his stipple job was so aggressive that it went through the frame in a place and began cracking the frame.

The newest hillybilly delight is that stupid hydrodipping crap. Sure, the punisher logo or skulls looks fine now, give it about a year. Friend's gun that looks like an Affliction shirt is starting to bubble up and peel. It went from looking like a toy to a POS ricky tick.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Nothing looks better to me than a high polished blued or stainless finish. Glocks arent particularly attractive to me, but they are utilitarian in their design, so I can respect that. Hi-points are something out of a bad B-movie. I cant get over that they look like a brick glued to a 2x4, and feel about the same in hand.

Any gun that would make someone question my sexual orientation is out too, so no gold plated and polished nickle 1911s with pearlized grips with rainbow colors. That LCP isnt really my bag, but I am going to agree With Cindy, I am sure that there is SOMEONE out there that would think that was the perfect accessory for their Harley or some other occasion.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Looks too much like a toy gun to me. You know the ones that have the orange tip so you know it's a toy.
    That's the basic reason I decided against the blue gun - which I still think would be a good idea for concealability. I realized that a lot of defensive uses of guns are affected without shots even fired, just by scaring off would-be attackers. I decided that I didn't want to do anything to encourage the belief that a REAL GUN is being pointed at them, just in case I ever needed to point it in defense.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's actually an accessory to high end rally car fans.

Dealer had a silver and orange one in Dallas and told me he couldn't lower the price far enough to get anyone to even look at it. LOL

The Cayanne Transsyberia homologation special.

I told the salesman in TX he should have a local graphic artist cover all the orange with Realtree or Mossyoak and it would be sold at a premium. His eyes fluttered a bit, but I bet he was thinking about for a while after that.

Porsche-Cayenne-Transsyberia.jpg

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    It's actually an accessory to high end rally car fans.

Dealer had a silver and orange one in Dallas and told me he couldn't lower the price far enough to get anyone to even look at it. LOL

The Cayanne Transsyberia homologation special.

I told the salesman in TX he should have a local graphic artist cover all the orange with Realtree or Mossyoak and it would be sold at a premium. His eyes fluttered a bit, but I bet he was thinking about for a while after that.

Porsche-Cayenne-Transsyberia.jpg

Send that car to Tennessee. A Vols fan will snap it up. Guaranteed.

Top Bottom