• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Ok, I had to calm my *** down I bit before starting this thread. Long story short, I gave both my brothers a Combat Elite 1911. I told then both, if you ever want or need to sell these guns, let me have first shot at it. This morning I find out my youngest brother, traded the near new, beautiful Colt that I paid $1100 for on a used Taurus Judge!!! Even up!!! WTF! So I was wondering. What's the craziest trade you have ever either been a part of or heard of? Now excuse me while I open this family size can of Wup ***!!:bash:

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Hey, Jack traded a cow for a bunch of beans. Sometimes it's better to just let things go and remember the event next time you get the urge to gift something.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Hey, Jack traded a cow for a bunch of beans. Sometimes it's better to just let things go and remember the event next time you get the urge to gift something.
    Jack wasn't my brother and the cow didn't cost me $1100! , , but you are right on the letting it go part! I kinda knew somehow he would stick it in me and break it off! Just a shame he let a beautiful gun go for nothing! Tell me more about this Jack and his beans!!

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    He climbed a beanstalk, killed a giant and got the girl. But his mom was still mad about the cow for another couple of decades.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Traded a Colt LW Commander series 80 for a Glock-19 back in the early 90's, both were worth $360 then, now days the Glock is still worth $360, the Colt shall we say a bit more?

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    He climbed a beanstalk, killed a giant and got the girl. But his mom was still mad about the cow for another couple of decades.
    I bet mom worked hard to buy that damn cow!! No amount of giant killing or women are worth p***ing off mom. But, , , was this giant really big? And the girl really hot?

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Once I GIVE someone a GIFT it is theirs, no strings attached. Yes it bugs me to see them doing something foolish with it but that is their problem.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Once I GIVE someone a GIFT it is theirs, no strings attached. Yes it bugs me to see them doing something foolish with it but that is their problem.
    But I had one string I left attached! Give me first shot at it! But now that I am calmer, if he's happier with the Judge, so be it! I was just wondering about other ingo'ers trade horror stories!

Papabeargsh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Anderson
    He didn't sell it though, he traded it. You did not put any stipulations on that. I understand you are upset, but it was his to do as he wanted. It was a bad trade and he was taken advantage of, but that is not what you are complaining about.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    my youngest brother, traded the near new, beautiful Colt that I paid $1100 for on a used Taurus Judge!!!
    Ouch.

Yeah, that^.

Attaching strings to a gift isn't really a gift... is it?

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Ouch.

Yeah, that^.

Attaching strings to a gift isn't really a gift... is it?
    Sometimes a gift from a family member SHOULD be more then a gift! But, , that's just me. My dad gave me a $50 Buck knife when I was 10. Wouldn't trade it for anything. But, like I said, that's just me.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    That's one reason my kids are not going to get any unfired, mint condition firearms when I kick the bucket. Most of my stuff is gonna be worn out.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Sometimes a gift from a family member SHOULD be more then a gift!
    I'm saying, if it's a gift...make it really a GIFT.
    If it's something else with strings...then call it something else. A loan, a temp, a whatever. Just not a "gift". Gift means not yours or under your control anymore.
    Not that I'm saying it shouldn't feel like crap to find out something you wanted someone to have just wasn't as important to them as it was to you... sure that smarts. But in the long run, if it's not really a gift then you should have just been really upfront with "This still belongs to me...I'm just letting you use it as long as you'd like... if you get tired of it, give it BACK to me and we'll figure something else out...". NoDimeMean?

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I'm saying, if it's a gift...make it really a GIFT.
    If it's something else with strings...then call it something else. A loan, a temp, a whatever. Just not a "gift". Gift means not yours or under your control anymore.
    Not that I'm saying it shouldn't feel like crap to find out something you wanted someone to have just wasn't as important to them as it was to you... sure that smarts. But in the long run, if it's not really a gift then you should have just been really upfront with "This still belongs to me...I'm just letting you use it as long as you'd like... if you get tired of it, give it BACK to me and we'll figure something else out...". NoDimeMean?
    I understand what your saying, but both my brothers know how I feel about my guns. I gifted these guns to them because I wanted them to have something other then the crappy guns they had. We talked about how it would be nice for them to someday pass these gorgeous guns to their sons one day. But I do understand that at that point it was his gun to do with what he please. I guess instead of anger it was more hurt. I'm very blessed. I would've gave him $1000 for it and bought him a Judge. The money really isn't the problem. But, , , it's a Colt 1911 for gods sake!! But like I said, if he's happy with the Taurus, so be it! I was hoping that it meant something more knowing that it came from me, and that how I feel about my guns!! Especially my 1911's!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok, I had to calm my *** down I bit before starting this thread. Long story short, I gave both my brothers a Combat Elite 1911. I told then both, if you ever want or need to sell these guns, let me have first shot at it. This morning I find out my youngest brother, traded the near new, beautiful Colt that I paid $1100 for on a used Taurus Judge!!! Even up!!! WTF! So I was wondering. What's the craziest trade you have ever either been a part of or heard of? Now excuse me while I open this family size can of Wup ***!!:bash:

Is he still breathing.....did he get dropped on his freaking head a lot as a child. I know he is your brother but seriously.....Kick his a$$

Top Bottom