• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Just traded my yugo sks for a Ruger P94 in .40. Anybody have one of these?
    Ruger_P94.jpg

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I had one in 9mm. It was a good gun, but the decocker was messed up. Wouldn't decock ever time i tried too. The lever would go down but the hammer would stay cocked back. Other times i had times when i had the lever down and it still didn't drop, i had to put force on the lever to make it drop the hammer. Sold it soon after i realized that. But shooting wise it was pretty accurate and it had a really soft recoil from being so big and heavy. Loved that about it. :D

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    I've got one in .40. I'm not a fan and will probably trade it for something else eventually. I find the grip is too big and mine apparently has some problems with the extractor. It throws brass in random directions, sometimes straight to the side, sometimes straight back at my face, other times straight up in the air so the brass hits me on top of my head. That and the occasional stovepipe make it less than fun to shoot.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    The grip seems fine by me and i havent any problems with the brass ejecting. It's shot just fine, i see some leo's actually carry these.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Had one in 9mm. It worked just fine, I enjoyed it. Accuracy was good, never jammed, big beast of a gun, bank vault school of gun design :)

chrismw5551

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    I had one, about ten years ago. Had it for a couple of years and traded it for a SIG 239. Loved the gun while I owned it, never had any issues and it shot fairly accurate.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Anyone have any thoughts on the P90? I figure if the praise for the P94/whatever model # the 9mm is the same could and likely would apply to the P90.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I ='ve heard good things about the P90. I have a P89 and love it although I don't mind it being on the heavy side because if you run out of ammo you can use it as a club :D

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    I have a P95 in 9mm. I know its not what you asked about, but I love the P95. It shoots great, and feels great in my hand. I dont think the grip on mine is too big, and havent had any problems with it ejecting at all. I think rugers are generally overall good guns. At least thats what I've heard. I love mine and dont plan on ever getting rid of it. It carries well too.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Like others, I don't have the P94 but do carry a P97. I love it. People say its ugly, but thats how I feel about the Glock. It shoots well and is very rugged. And boy howdy, it is heavy. I paid ~$400 some years back and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Top Bottom