• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have tried a few times to conform to the Glock 19. I even had special stippling and grip reconfiguration done on one, but still did not like it. I tried a G17 at a shoot with Cory and Erica and liked it, but balked it up to a one-time thing. Well, I recently bought a G17 for my sister and I'm having trouble giving it to her. It fits my hand almost as good at the CZ SP-01. The trigger is good and for one reason, I don't feel like I have to tork my wrists forward like I do with the G19. I just may have to get one, or maybe a G22.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    popcorn2.gif

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have tried a few times to conform to the Glock 19. I even had special stippling and grip reconfiguration done on one, but still did not like it. I tried a G17 at a shoot with Cory and Erica and liked it, but balked it up to a one-time thing. Well, I recently bought a G17 for my sister and I'm having trouble giving it to her. It fits my hand almost as good at the CZ SP-01. The trigger is good and for one reason, I don't feel like I have to tork my wrists forward like I do with the G19. I just may have to get one, or maybe a G22.

CZ 75D (PCR) is what you crave.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I'm not a fan of the midsize Glock's tendency to need help for a natural aim. I agree that the full size has a much better feel. If my dept would allow it, I'd switch to the 22 and keep the 23 for plain clothes stuff. It's a handy weapon, but I like the full size better.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    How is the grip on a full size different than a mid size Glock? I own a couple of mid-size but don't recall having ever shot a full size Glock. I was under the impression that a full size Glock was essentially the same but with more material below where your hand grips.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    How does the G19 feel different then the 17? Personally I have shot gen 3 and 4 17s and while it doesnt point as nicely as a smith and wesson k frame, it points and shoots pretty natually for me, at least compared to a Tokarev and Ruger P95

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    How is the grip on a full size different than a mid size Glock? I own a couple of mid-size but don't recall having ever shot a full size Glock. I was under the impression that a full size Glock was essentially the same but with more material below where your hand grips.

The circumference is the same at the level of the trigger and the reach to the trigger is the same for G17/19/26/34 and the .40 equivalents.

The biggest difference between the G17 and G19 is where the palm swell hits your hand. If you have wide palms, the palm swell of the G19 is likely to hit you right in the middle of your hand. Some people like that, and some hate it. The palm swell for the G17 will hit lower. If you have narrow palms, it may be too low to lock the gun into your hand as well as a G19.

If you get a grip reduction on both (remove the palm swell), there isn't much difference.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I have a 19 and 34 and enjoy shooting both, had several 17's and a 22 also. I love Glock's and they way they fit my hand, some don't like the angle of the grip or the hump. Hard to beat a 17, I always want another and drool at the LGS but don't need one with the 34. It's ok Que, embrace the goodness Glock brings. :)

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    To date, the pistol that best fits my hand, that I'm way more accurate with than any other gun, and have more fun shooting than any other handgun previously...is the Glock 22C. The myth about being blinded by the muzzle flash at night or getting hit with carbon debris or needing extra eye, ear protection has proven to me to be meritless. But the [claimed?] extra 10%-20% recoil reduction has truly been noticeable to me. I've found that I really like shooting it (and carrying it isn't so bad either...)

Top Bottom