• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    My FIL has a WWII Hi Power, Belgian with Nazi markings that he wants to sell. I haven't seen the pistol in years so details are sketchy, but I should get it from his wife soon to do some research (and post some pics). I remember it as being in good shape; he was still shooting it up until a couple of years ago and still kept it loaded for home defense purposes.

Can anybody suggest resources to help with my research? Any idea what a ballpark value for something like this might be, with no provenance?

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    30criug.jpg

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Serial numbers, version, sights, how many mags (and if they're original), $500+

If you have one of the early ones with the tangent sights, they're worth a pretty penny. If it's a later one with an "a" or "b" suffix, then it was part of the "sabotaged" guns and they made more of those, so they depend on condition and how much a buyer wants a Nazi Hi Power. Check which type of waffenamt you have, the WaA140s are fairly common

Original mags were, at one time, worth $100 a piece, not sure if that's still the case or not, I haven't checked in a while

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Original mags are NOW worth about $250 each. The most valuable model is the one with tangent sights, AND it is slotted for a stock. The neat thing about this model is that you CAN legally attach the stock without it becoming a SBR, so no paperwork or registration is required. They shoot like a dream with the stock attached.

46858175c4dcfa831924c44ef685990c.jpg

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Well, do to some health issues with the in-laws, I just got my hands on this yesterday. Its condition is a lot worse than I thought. Finish is almost gone, but the action is silky. S/N's do match, and the eagles are there, but no swastikas. I was involved in a DIY project when my wife brought it home, so I only looked at it briefly and no pics. I'll look more carefully tonight and take some pics.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    WaA140, that petinad very nicely.

Interesting about your trigger, it doesn't have the hold for the pin for the magazine disconnect. Mine just has a blank hole, but never had a disconnect (unless the Nazi officer who was shot carrying it took it out, but doubt it)

Either way, great piece :yesway:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I had one for awhile. My brother needed money, so he sold it to me. Later I gifted back to him. It had the eagle and the swastika. Shot great. No malfunctions. I just could not keep a front sight on it to save my life.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    If the serial numbers match then I'd say about 850 in the current condition. If serial numbers don't match then it's a shooter. Collectors want matching numbers. Yours should be a 1943. I just picked up an all matching tangent from a vet on gunbroker. Can wait to shoot it. I'm even more excited to hear his story about the bring back.

Good luck with yours.

Last edited:

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    If the serial numbers match then I'd say about 850 in the current condition. If serial numbers don't match then it's a shooter. Collectors want matching numbers. Yours should be a 1943. I just picked up an all matching tangent from a vet on gunbroker. Can wait to shoot it. I'm even more excited to hear his story about the bring back.

Good luck with yours.
    That's interesting. Does that include the magazines? (Looks like one might be original and the other newer.) Even with the low amount of original finish remaining?

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Hard to tell from the pictures you posted. If most of the finish is gone then the value goes down. That 850 includes the mag and about 85%. It's all about condition. Worst case is probably $500 if everything is correct maybe even a little more.

That is a gunbroker price. You won't be able to get that anywhere else.

Top Bottom