• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I've decided to get out of the .45acp game and just focus on 9mm and .357/.38spl. So, I'm looking for a replacement for my 1911. I was thinking about a 9mm 1911, S&W 5909, a CZ75 or maybe another Sig? I don't like Glocks, so that isn't an option. I like odd ball guns and enjoy the hunt for rarer ones. Lets here some suggestions INGO:ingo: also keep an eye on the classifieds for a good chunk of .45acp ammo :ar15:.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    My next 9mm purchase might be either an FNH or a Walther PPQ. But my opinion doesn't count because I'm a polymer loving glock-tard.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I like the Sig M11, but I should have a stated the price range above. I'm looking to keep it around $600-650. I also don't mind polymer frame guns, I've had an FNX but eh... It was ok.

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NE of Indy
    My next 9mm purchase might be either an FNH or a Walther PPQ. But my opinion doesn't count because I'm a polymer loving glock-tard.

I strongly recommend the PPQ. I've had the M1 since before they called it the M1. Some people don't care for the mag release on the trigger guard but it is absolutely perfect for me. I have small hands and always have to adjust grip for mag changes. With my PPQ, I don't change a thing. Trigger finger goes to the slide, middle finger drops the mag. Have no idea how many rounds of all types I have fired and NEVER had a 'failure to (anything)'! It was my EDC for 1 1/2 years till I got my G26 for something smaller. Mainly because my Wife is very familiar with the PPQ and has on hand for home defense.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sig P250 for hammer-fired, P320 for striker-fired . The quick change artists of handguns. No need to get locked into one frame size or caliber. The P320 is getting great reviews and I love mine. No .357 or .38 SPL but 9mm, .357 Sig, .40 S&W and .45 ACP are options. Here's my 9mm full-size:

IMG_20140722_140238.jpg

Last edited:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think I'm going to try a P320. Cbhausen wouldn't steer us wrong. $40+ for additional mags though? That might make a difference.

I'm not sure which caliber yet. I hope I don't go crazy and add another caliber like 357 sig. But I just might.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    I strongly recommend the PPQ. I've had the M1 since before they called it the M1. Some people don't care for the mag release on the trigger guard but it is absolutely perfect for me. I have small hands and always have to adjust grip for mag changes. With my PPQ, I don't change a thing. Trigger finger goes to the slide, middle finger drops the mag. Have no idea how many rounds of all types I have fired and NEVER had a 'failure to (anything)'! It was my EDC for 1 1/2 years till I got my G26 for something smaller. Mainly because my Wife is very familiar with the PPQ and has on hand for home defense.
    I was strongly thinking bout getting one early this year. I was told its kindof fat for iwb but gawd is it perrty. I heard the ergos are impeccable but the bore axis is a bit higher on walthers. I was also looking at the FNS. I was a big fan of the FNP line and they came out with a striker fired and I was about to be hook line and sinker until i learned that i could buy a US made glock. Now my edc is a glock 19 perfect size for me. I shoot it very well. Ergonomics could be better but it goes bang when I tell it to.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think I'm going to try a P320. Cbhausen wouldn't steer us wrong. $40+ for additional mags though? That might make a difference.

I'm not sure which caliber yet. I hope I don't go crazy and add another caliber like 357 sig. But I just might.

Sig is giving away two mags and a pistol bag with purchase of a new center-fire pistol between now and August 1. Just search for Sig Summer Rebate. Makes the cost of mags more palatable.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If you shop and bump up your price a little, the Springfield Armory Range Officer in 9mm is nice. M&P 9 is in your price range with money left over. CZ's are nice, but they may be outside of your target price if you get one with any work done on it.

If you like the 1911 platform, I would look at the RO.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Since you're not opposed to polymer and are already interested in CZ then how about a P-07 or P-09?

They get high praise from those who carry them and are sub $500.00.

Top Bottom