• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    My vote is the 226 (what should have been selected in the first place) with .357sig (so we don't experience a .45 ammo shortage haha). This will never happen though.

Decent .357sig loads are nothing to look past. Packs a hell of a punch.

Again, this would never happen, but it would sure be awesome.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    How about a Beretta 96? .40 has a little more horsepower. The chassis is the same as an M9 so no additional training would be needed. Except for barrels and magazines, current spare parts inventories will still be good. All the holsters will still work. Current pistols could be retrofitted with barrels and mags to make transition cheaper. Made in the USA.

Garander

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Lafayette/Huntington
    I dont see them going with the Beretta 96 .40, they are looking to move away from beretta, if they actually adopt a new pistol. They want more ergonomic and more reliability. Berretta offered to fix what the army wanted fixed with there berettas but the army declined. But i've got a feeling that they will not end up replacing anything but I might be wrong. Ill wait untill the 29th when they hold the industry meeting. Like I said im rooting for the sig P227 or P226 if submitted.

Tater36

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2014
    Greenwood
    I would love to see a sig as the choice too. The army uses some m11s(sig 228) and I have had one assigned to me for a deployment and would take it any day over the beretta.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I think its going to be Desert Eagle in .44 mag. Good enough to stop a bear, good enough to stop a terrorist. ;p But, seriously, FN 5.7? Ultra light, high capacity, tumbler rounds with ap. Sounds like a decent choice.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Hand Phazer. A stun setting would be way cool.

None of you guys have ever been employed by a government unit, have you?

Every cop and soldier is keenly aware that the equipment that has been issued to them has been supplied by the lowest bidder. Within the specs of the request for quote, but still the lowest bidder.

I am almost positive that rules out the Desert Eagle.:):

Top Bottom