• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Finally was able and go shoot my PPQ M2 9mm with the 5inch barrel. If any of you guy's are on the fence on this gun jump on over! LOL. I own a couple Kimbers , H@Ks, Glocks and S@W and I will have to say I believe this one tops them all. Ergonomics is fantastic, the trigger is second to none and the reset is awesome. The recoil is not bad at all and just a pleasure to shoot. It is everything you have read in other reviews and more!:ar15:

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    Anyone know where would usually have them in stock in the indy area or is it just lock of the draw at this time? I've hit four popular dealers and a big box and have still not ran into one! Might have to go to the next gun show in indy and look around I guess.

Glad to hear you like yours!

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Anyone know where would usually have them in stock in the indy area or is it just lock of the draw at this time? I've hit four popular dealers and a big box and have still not ran into one! Might have to go to the next gun show in indy and look around I guess.

Glad to hear you like yours!
    If none in Indy, Open Range in Crestwood, Ky. has several in the 5 and 4 inch barrels and will ship for twenty dollars.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Grabagun has the 5" version for $609 right now with $5.99 shipping, which is an awesome price. If you want the 4" version, you can save almost $100 and it's almost as nice. I've owned both versions and shot them both back to back and thought the 5" was a tiny bit more accurate, at least for me. Both are fantastic handguns, as the OP stated. I've fired a bunch of handguns and the PPQ is easily my favorite striker fired pistol. Congrats OP! :D

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Grabagun has the 5" version for $609 right now with $5.99 shipping, which is an awesome price. If you want the 4" version, you can save almost $100 and it's almost as nice. I've owned both versions and shot them both back to back and thought the 5" was a tiny bit more accurate, at least for me. Both are fantastic handguns, as the OP stated. I've fired a bunch of handguns and the PPQ is easily my favorite striker fired pistol. Congrats OP! :D
    Hey thanks a lot, and that is a fantastic price at Grabagun. Still love my H@Ks but after purchasing the PPQ M2 I would have to say if I had to part with one it wouldn't be the PPQ. LOL. Have you ever shot the 40 ?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Hey thanks a lot, and that is a fantastic price at Grabagun. Still love my H@Ks but after purchasing the PPQ M2 I would have to say if I had to part with one it wouldn't be the PPQ. LOL. Have you ever shot the 40 ?

I have not shot the .40. The only .40 I've shot is a friend's Gen3 G23.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    For the money, the PPQ M2 may well be the best gun on today's market. I highly recommend it.
    Yea Im with you on that! Best trigger on a polymer gun available today, the PPQ 9mm with the 5 inch barrel is dead accurate. Now contemplating the 40 and trying to justify why I need it! LOL.:ar15:

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    After reading this and other threads on the PPQ I decided to take the plunge. Picked up my 4" 9mm version today and put about 50 rounds through. Very nice. Was shooting nice groups after just one magazine to get familiar with the trigger. I still shot better today with my XD9 but I've been shooting that gun for six years! I was close with the PPQ after only 20 rounds or so. Can't wait to get more time with it. I definitely will have to get used to the trigger. The reset is SO short and the break so crisp that I found myself hitting unintended double-taps (which I've seen others report as well). I think it will be great once I'm used to it.

If one new PPQ was good, two is better. I also got the PPQ in .22LR The .22 PPQ is about as close to identical in size and weight to the 9mm version as you can get and the trigger is very close as well. I went ahead and got the threaded barrel so I can use this gun as an introduction to suppression at some point.

Now . . . I just need to try out the HK VP9 . . . or should I ? :rockwoot:

PPQ9and22_1_zpsdecfe50a.jpg

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    After reading this and other threads on the PPQ I decided to take the plunge. Picked up my 4" 9mm version today and put about 50 rounds through. Very nice. Was shooting nice groups after just one magazine to get familiar with the trigger. I still shot better today with my XD9 but I've been shooting that gun for six years! I was close with the PPQ after only 20 rounds or so. Can't wait to get more time with it. I definitely will have to get used to the trigger. The reset is SO short and the break so crisp that I found myself hitting unintended double-taps (which I've seen others report as well). I think it will be great once I'm used to it.

If one new PPQ was good, two is better. I also got the PPQ in .22LR The .22 PPQ is about as close to identical in size and weight to the 9mm version as you can get and the trigger is very close as well. I went ahead and got the threaded barrel so I can use this gun as an introduction to suppression at some point.

Now . . . I just need to try out the HK VP9 . . . or should I ? :rockwoot:

PPQ9and22_1_zpsdecfe50a.jpg
    Probably not unless you want to buy another gun! LOL. The PPQ and the VP9 are both just really sweet shooting guns.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Not surprising.

I've been saying for a while now that the P99 was the best plastic gun the American public ever ignored. I'm glad to see the PPQ is starting to catch on.

The Grand Power pistols are a similarly spectacular pistol that is equally ignored.

Top Bottom