• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What would possess someone to combine the worst of both poly and steel worlds together like that. For your money, you get an even heavier 1911 that now has a grip that makes a Glock seem ergonomic. Good luck finding a holster to fit but my guess is that anyone buying this is probably using a nylon Uncle Mike's big floppy holster.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    What would possess someone to combine the worst of both poly and steel worlds together like that. For your money, you get an even heavier 1911 that now has a grip that makes a Glock seem ergonomic. Good luck finding a holster to fit but my guess is that anyone buying this is probably using a nylon Uncle Mike's big floppy holster.

Or no holster at all :rolleyes:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Now I can't get that image out of my mind. One man's fugly is still fugly. That's fugly. Yup. Now this, on the other hand is not a 1911, but it's still fugly.
    images

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Now what's so fugly about that? I'd probably go with more traditional tiger colors, but I like the mag especially. I'd've worn that to my wedding. The 1911 thing, though, please don't. Idiot marks can't be that bad.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just had a thought: Maybe this thing amounts to a protective wrapper for the 1911 to preserve it until it can be sold to someone with taste in guns. Anyone that would put that thing on a 1911 is surely just one step away from going Glock. When that happens, the new 1911 owner will be able to remove the protective wrapper and reveal a nice, pristine 1911.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In my mind, the worst part is that there are great 1911s with rails out there....meaning if you buy this, you've screwed yourself out of getting a new 1911.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    In my mind, the worst part is that there are great 1911s with rails out there....meaning if you buy this, you've screwed yourself out of getting a new 1911.

It does run against the Gun Enthusiast Code (G.E.C) of:

'If I want to have functionality in a gun that I don't own, I use this as an excuse to buy a new gun instead of adding the functionality to an existing one. Once the new gun is purchased, I can go back and add the functionality to an old gun but any functionality additional above what has been recently added would require a separate new gun purchase'.

Hold on, I just thought of another good use for these things: Buy one and put it on the gun. Then when your wife asks if that's a new gun, reply that it is not and is just a plastic cover that makes it look completely different. Show her how the cover comes off. Next, remove the plastic cover thingy and throw it away. You now have the ability to bring any new gun into the house and if the wife asks: 'Is that new?', you can say that, no, it's just another plastic cover thingy. This will work for many handguns, but if you push it too far, could backfire. If you significant other is not too observant, you can use this to slip a new pocket gun past him or her, but if you try to bring a new Mossberg 500 into the house with this excuse, you will most likely fail.

Top Bottom