• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I want to purchase a new nightstand firearm. I don't care about carry functionality. If I ever carried this firearm, it would be OC anyway. I'm torn between the HK USP Tactical 9mm and the Sig P226 tacops. Both are great quality, but the Sig can carry 5 more rounds. Why won't HK make a 20 round magazine :xmad:? What do you guys think?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Have you shot either?

The biggest complaint you'll hear about Sigs is that some folk's grip (especially if they came from 1911's and haven't retrained themselves) will hold the slide release down, preventing slide lock on an empty gun.

The biggest complaint you'll hear about H&K is the funky magazine release, which you'll have to retrain for, and customer service for individual owners is said to be spotty.

I gave serious consideration to the H&K when I was looking for a duty pistol, but in the end I didn't like the magazine release and the Sig's trigger was better, so I went Sig.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    4487CZ_Motivator_zps092eeee4.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    CZ 75 SP01 Tactical will give you night sights, a rail and 18 or 19 round magazines. Do a few upgrades and it will be the best handgun you have ever owned. Probably the best you will ever own.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    i'll take a sig over an HK any day. I've heard good things about CZ but the sigs are much simpler which is unfairly translated to reliability in my mind. i'm going about 7k rounds strong through my 226 with no failures or malfunctions i'll let you know when that changes.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I'm voting HK, I've owned several Sig Pistols & HK Pistols. I have had no problems with either, however, I have sold/traded all of my Sigs. Only HK I've ever sold was when I got out of .40 S&W.

I shoot HK better, love the feel of them, & I personally like their triggers better.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    The HK is the most tactical. Even has tactical in the name, so you know it's a legit operator piece.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    I want to purchase a new nightstand firearm. I don't care about carry functionality. If I ever carried this firearm, it would be OC anyway. I'm torn between the HK USP Tactical 9mm and the Sig P226 tacops. Both are great quality, but the Sig can carry 5 more rounds. Why won't HK make a 20 round magazine :xmad:? What do you guys think?

With the Jet funnel they are 18 rd magazines

The HK is the most tactical. Even has tactical in the name, so you know it's a legit operator piece.

Sorry but the 40 and 45 are tacticals but the 9mm is a SD not a tactical. It does not have a match trigger like the 40 & 45 either.

Take a look at the USP expert also.

I would take an HK over Sig.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Used to own a few Sigs, and the SRT trigger is pretty sweet, but have moved on to HKs. Ergonomically fit better in my hand, and slightly more accurate. The TacOps was the first sig I owned. An exceptional handgun, with the worse magazines I've owned (failure to lock back, failures to feed). Ended up buying the Megcar 20 rounders and eliminated the issues. HK45 with Surefire X300 is currently my nightstand gun. HK P30L is my favorite range gun, and recently picked up a VP9. After shooting the VP9, the Glocks maybe the next ones one the chopping block.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Nothing wrong with either. Are you used to a DA/SA? With an Hk V1 you can leave it bedside cocked and locked assuming you have no children in the house.

Top Bottom