• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Highland, Indiana
    Just got around to watching this. He makes some really good points. Though I have always been somewhat torn of just carrying a snub as a back up for simplicity but this certainly has me considering others.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Good advice. Never personally done this, and it's never been an issue, even under duress. But the concept is certainly sound, and absolutely should be considered, even if not ultimately implemented. It all comes down to familiarity, training, and experience. JMO.

The only (minor) issue I have with these types of concepts is: While they may be good, sound advice, these ideas always assume that under duress the defender is not going to be thinking and simply running 'mindlessly on automatic'. Just grabbing a gun and firing as fast as possible. Perhaps that's true in some cases.

The counter-point to that, though, is that if the defender is not thinking, they already have bigger problem on their hands. Perhaps even a bigger problem than the actual threat.

THINK fast, shoot slow. The 'split second' occurs between the ears, not between the hands.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Wow, that little guy conceals well.
    I'm lucky where I have very broad shoulders and a very big chest and arms, along with a very skinny waist at 5'10. I have to wear LG or XL shirts to accommodate my upper body, where a M would fit my waist... therefore, I'm able to completely IWB conceal a fullsize HK USP.45 plus 2 extra mags. I usually never carry a backup gun though. I've thought about it, but its just so uncomfortable. I'd have to completely redo my pants wardrobe to accommodate another IWB carry.

I def would like to add a USPct .45 to reside with my USP.45. I can't see myself carrying it as a backup though. Still too thick as a staggered stack .45.

For a primary and a backup I'd def choose glock and or S&W M&P though. Wish they made a bigger single stack 9mm M&P where I could use those mags to supplement my shield, but that will never happen, and I'd honestly never buy a single stack fullsize or midsize M&P single stack if there ever was one haha.

I guess another option would be OC'ing the USP and IWB'ing the USPct, but I'm just not a fan of OC.... too many dbags who get upset over it and ruin my daily life/activities haha.

Ford Truck

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Franklin Twp., DeKalb County, Ind.
    My carry gun is a 4" Model 66 & my BUG is a 2.5" Mod. 66.
    ODAwLDYwMCxBQUFBQUNBRFdBSTEtNA2

Top Bottom