• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I happened into this tonight as part of a multi gun trade with a buddy of mine. He ended up tossing it in to sweeten the pot. Anyhoots, I cant seem to find much info about this particular model. Can any CZ experts chime in here and tell me what I have? I see conflicting info on when the Semicompacts were made and I cant find any currently for sale to get a value on it. I checked gunbroker and my search fu must be weak tonight because I drew a blank there even. About all I know is its a compact slide on a fullsize frame, correct?
    Here is a pic.

attachment.php

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The semi-compact was discontinued because their design is counter-intuitive to carry. They are long where you want them to be short and short where you want them to be long. There is no real advantage to having a full size grip and a short barrel. Having said that there are die hard CZ lovers who would want one just because they are somewhat rare. If you are looking to sell you would want to go to the CZ forum. That's where you would most likely find that person. As something of a CZ collector myself I doubt you will find anyone willing to pay a premium for this model. You shouldn't have any trouble getting $500-$550 maybe. Good luck.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Yes, what were they thinking? The dimensions are so much different than other pistols!

Its the same size as an 8 round Sig, but it holds 16... What a silly and poorly thought out design! Its virtually the same dimentions as a Glock 19 for goodness sake.

Mine also dates 04. I paid $220 for it, NEW in 06 or 07, because the dealer couldn't move it... probably because his customers were reading nonsense on internet gun forums. I'm sure the 50fps difference in muzzle velocity is a deal breaker in real life.

What the OP has is an accurate, reliable, durable pistol, that is much maligned by people who over think things that don't matter. Shoot your new pistol and enjoy it. :)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Calm down. It'll be okay; deep breath. No one is putting down your pistol. He asked about it and I told him what I know about it. The design is counter-intuitive for carry. For people who like to conceal the part of the gun most difficult to hide is the grip. No one will notice a barrel that goes half way down your leg. But if the grip pokes your shirt out a bit some carriers get concerned. I am sure that you know as well as I do that you could duct tape it to your forehead and half the people wouldn't notice it. But people want their concealed gun to be completely concealed. That's why so many carry these little plastic almost unshootable pocket rockets. They don't care how they shoot just that you can't see it. A longer grip and shorter barrel goes against the obvious. Is it a quality pistol, you bet. Would it be reliable for carry, undoubtedly. I have shot a semi-compact in competiton before and done quite well. So while I personally admire the gun I know that it would not, and was not, be a good seller for the reasons I have mentioned. That takes nothing away from the function of the gun. It, like all modern CZs, would be a fine handgun and I wouldn't mind having one in my safe.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So will a full size (standard 75b) slide fit and work on a compact frame?

Sorry if I missed it mentioned before.

MusicMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 21, 2014
    Lake County
    It seems kinda like a Commander-Sized version of a CZ 75. Nothing strange about that to me. If you don't want it, sell it. It shouldn't be to hard to find a buyer in the $500-$600 range depending on the condition. CZ's are the best deal still in DA/SA pistols these days.

Top Bottom