• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    So I took my Sig 2022 in 9mm to the range today and was shooting like normal. When the 7th shot came around the side of the frame just blew apart and a large chunk hit me directly in the eye, which resulted in a trip to the hospital. I called Sig when I got out and they didn't seem to care.... at all... Anyone else had to deal with them?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    It has to be asked... Why were you not wearing eye protection? If you were ... Why was it not sufficient to protect your eyes?

Glad your ok though, right?

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Factory rounds or reloads.

Honestly, I don't think you will get anything from Sig. The firearm mfg will blame the ammo and the ammo mfg will blame the firearm.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I don't want money, I have insurance for this kind of thing. I want my gun replaced so I can sell it and never own a Sig again. It was factory ammo and regrettably I was not wearing safety glasses. I know that's really stupid, but I can't see well to begin with and safety glasses interfere with my vision even more. Now I will be wearing them no matter what, because well apparently I'm an idiot lol.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Is that a polymer framed gun........If so you know what my next response will be.....:dunno:

OP, I am so glad you are OK. I am old school and did not start wearing eyes steadily until we started shooting at the range a lot. We were all very lucky not to have been injured past catching some hot brass in the face. Now, we wear them.....period.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    TrajeTech is the manufacturer of the ammo and I've shot hundreds and hundreds of their rounds and never had a problem. I contacted them and they were extremely rude. Their response was "someone will be in touch in two to three days" and took my name and number. If I don't hear from them in the next few days then I'll probably get in touch with a lawyer....

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Kirk is KirkFreeman, and I believe Guy is TacticalFirearmsTraining. I'm pretty sure you can Google their names and find contact info.

Top Bottom