• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjthebassman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2014
    5 miles from nowhere
    A thread for those as myself who pack a full-size as a daily carry. Pictures welcome and type of firearm, method of carry and interesting facts about carrying a full-size are appreciated. Thanks, and have fun! :ingo:

rjthebassman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2014
    5 miles from nowhere
    Haven't been able to post a photo of mine, but a carry a Tanfoglio Witness P 9x19 in a Blackhawk! Sportster size 6 that I use as a iwb concealed carry. Which I have at a 3:30 position on myself at work as I post.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Either a Regent 200 RS 1911 or a 4" S&W 686. Both in OWB gun leather (Tagua for the 1911 and a Galco for the Smith) and in the 4 O'clock position. Both holsters ride high and cant forward so I can throw a jacket or a long camp shirt over them if I need to go CCW, but most times they are OC or sloppy CC.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    EDC'r of a full size here as well. M&P9 AIWB.

409825816.jpg

I'm a full-sized guy, so a full-sized carry just makes sense.

Last edited:

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    Glock 17 in a Serpa at 4pm. I tried to conceal once but I could never get the draw as quick as I'd like it to be. The Serpa is perfect because I'm the kind of guy who tucks in his t-shirt into his shorts while wearing sandals and socks.

rjthebassman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2014
    5 miles from nowhere
    I feel you on the sandals and socks lol. Never much into OC. Love the idea but not quite the hassle of " non-edumakatid" (inept) anti-gun people that turn up their nose like you're about to rob Wal-Mart or the "street educated" people that are actually trying to rob Wal-Mart and decide you're the first person they decide they're going to shoot because you're obviously armed.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    when I'm not carrying my 27, and/or not worried about a little extra girth and weight on my belt, then I'll carry the full sized 22C in the same holster and same position...Galco horsehide IWB @ 4 o'clock.

L-Glock22CGlock27_zpsf03e54fa.jpg

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    I feel you on the sandals and socks lol. Never much into OC. Love the idea but not quite the hassle of " non-edumakatid" (inept) anti-gun people that turn up their nose like you're about to rob Wal-Mart or the "street educated" people that are actually trying to rob Wal-Mart and decide you're the first person they decide they're going to shoot because you're obviously armed.

I get where you're coming from with OC, but when it comes to people in general, in my experience, no one cares. Plus most don't go around looking at others waistlines anyway.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    If jacket weather I love a shoulder holster and 6 inch 586 smith or browning hi-power. EDC is 2 inch model 66 copy so a small full size piece. I used to drive all the time so the Miami vice style holster was great for me. Many do not think of them as cool or
    practical but I dig them. For driving they are great.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    S&W 629 + 4 loaders. Hip or shoulder rig. Or...

FNP-45 + 2 mags. Hip or shoulder rig.

The other selections would be 'compact', in comparison. But, either hip or shoulder rig. And...

9mm or .45 BUG.

Last edited:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    EDC'r of a full size here as well. M&P9 AIWB.

409825816.jpg

I'm a full-sized guy, so a full-sized carry just makes sense.

I totally looked at your picture as if you were wearing white pants and a charcoal shirt at first. I thought "wow, I've never seen somebody carry UDIWB." Upside Down Inside the Waist Band...hahaha

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I totally looked at your picture as if you were wearing white pants and a charcoal shirt at first. I thought "wow, I've never seen somebody carry UDIWB." Upside Down Inside the Waist Band...hahaha

Ha! It's only upside down on mobile devices. I catered to the majority and rotated it to look correct on a PC. Mobile devices still read the orientation tags and flip it.

Top Bottom