Anyone bought a Taurus .44Mag recently??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    A buddy of mine's son bought (with in the last year) a Taurus .44 mag (not sure of the model number) that he had nothing but issues with. I know it went back to Taurus (I don't know the specifics) and it came back still having issues. The gun store that he bought it from took it back (I believe for what he paid for it) and he bought a Ruger .44 mag that he is very happy with.

Sorry I don't know the specifics other than he was unhappy due to mechanical problems and is now very happy with his Ruger.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    I like Taurus firearms but have only owned them since 09. Wouldn't hesitate to try that if I was looking for a 44 Mag. No trips to Miami for any of mine. YMMV, but I don't have any personal experience with that model.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I bought one last year from Bradis. I did have an issue with the cylinder crane, it wasn't quite assembled correctly from the factory and the cylinder wouldn't spin freely. I disassembled it and reassembled it correctly and it has given me no trouble at all in a thousand or so rounds.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I have had many Taurus firearms and have yet to have any trouble with any of them, including a .44 Raging Bull and an M44. I do not get to shoot them as often as I like so maybe the lack of hard use is a factor in my opinion. I have bought them all from either a store display case or a private individual where I was able to closely examine them before closing the deal. However, if I was going to buy another .44 pistol, it would very likely be the Ruger Red Hawk. I really like the one that I already have, so much so that I traded away my Super Red Hawk in .44.

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    At one time I owned the 6" version of the revolver you linked. It was completely reliable the entire time I owned it, and I only sold it to replace it with the lighter .44 Mag Ultralite model, which has also been 100% reliable. I don't have much to compare it to, but the fit and finish seems good to me. Given my experience, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

abuckle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have not owned this model but have a .357 that I LOVE and never had an issue with. I am looking to get a .44 too and wouldn't hesitate to go with Taurus.

Top Bottom