Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    What say ye?
    Did a Glock and a Keltec have a baby?

http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/products/strike-pistol-system
    Strike_One_Strizh.jpg

New pistol from Arsenal Firearms, claims to be a "game Changer" so far there is one importer "Tony's custom creations" is taking a 500$ deposit for one of these.

The MSRP is actually between 700-800$ with an aluminum frame wildly rumored to run into the thousands. Tis striker fired with an extremely low bore axis which less recoil and quicker target acquisition is accomplished. It operates on a Bergmann system which has not been used since the 19 century. There will be a Mid sized "combat" and larger size "match" versions available this year. The Strike one has replaced the aging makarov as Russia's special forces and police forces primary duty pistol.

you tube vid showing differences in recoil compared to others.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVw_Ty08qiQ

I like it, ALLOT, but a game changer? not at a starting price of 700 -800 they are a small company with a small importer I doubt they will be any serious competition to GLOCK, M&P, etc.
    But performance Im impressed, the ergonomics look attractive, compared to my G19. And 17 rd mag capability is a plus, rumor that MECGAR will be producing these. Parts and import-ability is a concern as well. As of now they are BATF approved.

we will see.

Last edited:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Would have to actually shoot one extensively (say, 2000 rnds.) to see if it's any 'significant' improvement over existing selections that also cost less.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Watching the video cracks me up, the way he holds the pistol in question is completely different then the way he holds the rests. Look at the angle, he holds all the pistols at an incline that is pretty much the same. He gets to the last one and it by far a smaller angle.

Check it out. Skip back and forth from the strike one to the rest. He actually extends his arms for it while the others he has the elbows bent.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Larry Vickers made a trip to Russia and tested them out. I remember watching it on Tac-TV. He was quite impressed with it.
    Here is the vid:AF STRIKE ONE

That's the guy I was trying to remember... He was doing some shooting drills with either special forces or some "LEO" in one of the vids. These were the pistols being used.

-J-

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I remember watching LAV's special over there, pretty cool. That company also makes smaller scale working firearms, that can be broken down like a real gun. Pretty cool but I don't see this being worlds above what we are using here already.

semiautosniper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    I didn't see a comparison to a sig mk25, which has a very low recoil. The bore tilt axis is also subject to the strength of the grip and arm position.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    It may handle good and shoot good, but IMHO, I detest the looks of it. But that is just me, there are many newer guns that turn me off in the looks department.

Guns can be art and/or tools. If its something i plan to bang around id prefer if it starts ugly lol

noop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2013
    San Jose
    There is an article on the original military version of the "Strike One" the GSH-18 here:

Strike One (Civilian) / Swift (Military) GSh-18 Gryazev-Shipunov self-loading pistol

which was designed to chamber the 7N21 and 7N31 AP rounds.

There was a article published here on the civilian version here (but it seems to be written by someone who has a vested interest):

Arsenal Firearms AF-1 Strike One - Pistols - Articles - all4shooters.com

The civilian version of the pistol is very different from that carried by the Russian LEO community.

Adam-Wayne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2014
    My house
    There is an article on the original military version of the "Strike One" the GSH-18 here:

Strike One (Civilian) / Swift (Military) GSh-18 Gryazev-Shipunov self-loading pistol

which was designed to chamber the 7N21 and 7N31 AP rounds.

There was a article published here on the civilian version here (but it seems to be written by someone who has a vested interest):

Arsenal Firearms AF-1 Strike One - Pistols - Articles - all4shooters.com

The civilian version of the pistol is very different from that carried by the Russian LEO community.

His information is incorrect. The Strike One and GSH-18 are different pistols. The military version produced for the Russians are nearly identical, except for some minor differences, and the plant in which they are manufactured. Civilian models are made in Italy, and the Military version is made in Russia.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Is a mecgar mag really a good thing? I have two, and you have to manually reclock the follower by sticking something in the view hole when 7 rounds are loaded, then top off the mag. If you dont do this, it rattles, and I mean RATTLES, like "la coocaratcha" rattles....

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Is a mecgar mag really a good thing? I have two, and you have to manually reclock the follower by sticking something in the view hole when 7 rounds are loaded, then top off the mag. If you dont do this, it rattles, and I mean RATTLES, like "la coocaratcha" rattles....

MecGar is quite well regarded. They make many of the "factory" mags that come with a good portion of the handguns sold.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I know, mine came with my keltec, and they suck. I guess, one bad experience doesnt mean they all suck, but Im not gonna see it as a positive. I had a worse experience with a surefire mag. Anyway, back to the thread, sorry for the hijack.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Well if it is great functionally, who cares how it looks? Guess I'm just not into the pretty gun thing for the most part.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Its a carry gun, its supposed to be ugly.. Pretty guns are for ogling and fondling. Carry guns are gonna get beat around and used, because they are form following function.

Top Bottom