• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    PrinceHarryAfghanistanL9A1.jpg

I know this information is only about a year and a half old, but I'm kind of slow that way. I thought it a little sad, but times change, and I don't really see it as a bad thing. Thought I would see if anyone else had an opinion. I guess British special forces have been using the Sig 226, but it will most likely be getting the boot as well.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I respect/like a lot of different pistols/revolvers. That being said, a Glock is one of the easiest pistol platforms to work on. If a was in a harsh and, hostile environment a Glock chambered in 9MM or 40 S&W would probably be my choice for a side arm.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I find it odd that he isn't carrying it cocked and locked:dunno:

Why would a guy carry a gun in that condition...without a holster to put it in?

In this instance - he's doing it right.

Also, from my understanding, that in most combat zones, single action pistols like this are carried hammer down until there's a chance that it'll be used. IE - around your FOB - this condition. Going out on a patrol or things suddenly get hot...THEN make ready.

-J-

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Why would a guy carry a gun in that condition...without a holster to put it in?

In this instance - he's doing it right.

Also, from my understanding, that in most combat zones, single action pistols like this are carried hammer down until there's a chance that it'll be used. IE - around your FOB - this condition. Going out on a patrol or things suddenly get hot...THEN make ready.

-J-

Makes sense.:yesway:
    More Pics of him carrying it:
    Hi-Power+Prince+Harry.jpg

harry_smith.jpg

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Seems like one good bump or tumble and that HiPower is out. Or are those straps that tight?

I was thinking a holster would be a much wiser choice. Okay, again, I'm kind of slow sometimes, but it just hit me...What do you all think will happen to all those used Hi-Powers? Wonder if they will hit the states soon...maybe the gun shows, gunbroker...hmmm. I would like one...or two...

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Something else...A used BHP usually goes for more $$$ than a new Glock 17. So theoretically, they could replace old pistols for brand new ones for little to no cost.:dunno:

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    PrinceHarryAfghanistanL9A1.jpg

I know this information is only about a year and a half old, but I'm kind of slow that way. I thought it a little sad, but times change, and I don't really see it as a bad thing. Thought I would see if anyone else had an opinion. I guess British special forces have been using the Sig 226, but it will most likely be getting the boot as well.

Looks like he only has one rifle magazine so he's not expecting trouble.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    :yesway: Agreed! Nothing wrong with the Glock...Great pistol. I just don't have any desire to own one. I have 3 HPs and could add another no problem!

I have no problem with either brand, but I'd be very happy with a glut of Hi-Powers flooding the market and driving the price down. There's already plenty of Glocks out there. I'd love to see more Hi-Powers out there.

Also, what's the deal with all these guys and sharpie markers? Is there some combat value to these, direct troop movements or counter-positions or something?

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have no problem with either brand, but I'd be very happy with a glut of Hi-Powers flooding the market and driving the price down. There's already plenty of Glocks out there. I'd love to see more Hi-Powers out there.

Also, what's the deal with all these guys and sharpie markers? Is there some combat value to these, direct troop movements or counter-positions or something?

All the pictures are of the same guy. Prince Harry. I'm guessing this is correct. "direct troop movements or counter-positions or something?"
    This is another way to direct troop movements.
    1321453488_fake-pippa-and-prince-harry-hookup-vert.jpg

images

I must say, the man has good tastes.

Last edited:

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good

-J-

The only problem is what if your FOB becomes hot all of a sudden. My old roomate was in Iraq and actually had to put down an intruder/insurgent inside his FOB. No ARs were used and all they had were their M9s. I just wouldn't feel comfortable at all w/a SA not cocked and locked in a civilian role let alone over in the sandbox. Then again I'm sure Harry was never in any real threat as after these photos were leaked, he was rotated back to good 'ole Londontown.:D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Come on, people: This P35 - and the thousands like it - are property of "The Crown". You honestly think that they'll hit the US surplus market? :rofl: Good one.

The only problem is what if your FOB becomes hot all of a sudden. My old roomate was in Iraq and actually had to put down an intruder/insurgent inside his FOB. No ARs were used and all they had were their M9s. I just wouldn't feel comfortable at all w/a SA not cocked and locked in a civilian role let alone over in the sandbox. Then again I'm sure Harry was never in any real threat as after these photos were leaked, he was rotated back to good 'ole Londontown.:D

Yep. Definitely hear what you're saying. Not at all ideal to carry a combat weapon in a way that it can't be immediately accessed/used with minimal gyrations. When you need it right now, YOUNEEDITRIGHTNOW.

But, also keep in mind that Captain Harry Wales is an Apache helicopter co/pilot & gunner. Actually, he's also been certified as an Apache aircraft commander.

At HIS base - well well behind "enemy lines" (though that whole blasted crap hole of a region is "enemy lines"), I can see having the pistol rigged up like that when you're sitting so far removed from action.

It could also be that he's stripped himself of most of his flight wear and just transferred the P35 to have on him just sitting around the water cooler. Who knows.

Top Bottom