Calling all Majestic Arms Speed Strip Kit owners!!!! HELP!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Argh!

Ruger Mk II 22/45.

First off - had to have a gun smith buddy replace the bolt stop pin for me. My meager tools and skill couldn't drift the appropriate pin out in order to swap the 1-piece factory stop pin with the MA two-piece pin.

Gun is now fully assembled. YAY! Trigger pulls, hammer falls, everything resets. Safety works. Hand-cycled 10 rounds of LRN through it...all works as it should.

So then I go to try out the speed strip. I unscrew the thing (bolt closed) - no issues. Get the piece out of the top of the gun - no problem other than a bit of tension from the bolt/spring.

Pull the bolt out - no problem. Put the bolt in - slight issue of needing enough pressure to slide over the top of the new MA hammer (more round profile so the bolt can slide over).

But for the life of me, the 2-piece MA bolt stop pin just won't screw back together. Won't. Go.

It won't screw together with the bolt in - nor with the bolt removed. Tension or no tension. Pushing hard from the top down or not. Just. won't. screw together. :xmad: :xmad: :xmad:

Threads on the male end of the 2-piece MA bolt stop pin aren't boogered up.

Everything SEEMS lined up from the bottom. And even if it were off by half a MM or so, I'd think that the threads would align themselves into being "true" - but I can't get the blasted thing even STARTED, let alone all the way together.

Making me feel like a dunce, for sure.

Helpful hints?

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You know...the piece you're supposed to un-screw with the allen key. Part one, still attached to the mainspring that folds up into the gun, part 2- the piece that unscrews and removes up and out of the receiver just behind the rear sight.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I had the same issue with my MKII. I have to slap the bolt to get it to become perfectly aligned. I never did figure it out. I was mad as he'll. then I called them. The women on the phone told me how to make it work. She then put the owner of the company on the line. I got it to work while on the phone with the female. I told the owner I was good to go and hung up. The next time I took it apart same thing. As long as I smack the bolt forward with the palm of my hand it works. The owner did tell lemme it may take awhile for everything to wear in.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    dak - thanks for that.

I'll try to be a little more aggressive with the slapping and the screwing.

Uhhh... I mean, on the pistol.

-J-

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    No problem. Also, you might try putting the grip frame against the edge of a bench or table and push real hard. I can't remember the owners name, but he was helpful and wanted to make sure I was happy. I talked with quite a bit at the NRA Convention when I bought my speed strip kit. Anyway, hope it works for you.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    So now I'm even more frustrated.

Still couldn't get the blasted thing to screw in.

So I thought I'd remove the MSH and see if I could get it screwed together while it's out of the gun.

Only I can't get the MSH out. Suckage.

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I know you're all wondering...

I got it figured out. Can't figure out what/where the problem was... But I got it figured out.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Nope...I never called.

My issue of not being able to put the thing together was trumped by not being able to disassemble my pistol.

I had to "persuade" the thing by slapping it around a little on the rear... :whistle:

Once I was finally able to remove the MSH again, the two pieces of the speed strip kit threaded together nicely - as I figured they would.

Then I really really really paid attention to how I reassembled the pistol. All was well function-wise...

So then I thought I'd see about removing the bolt stop pin and seeing if I could get it to work upon re-assembly.

And wouldn't you know it - it all went back together A-OK!

A two-shot function test leads me to believe that everything is probably working as it should within the pistol.

Also note: Even suppressed, two CCI sub-sonic rounds are rather loud when they're touched off inside a garage. That is all.

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It takes a bit of getting used to. but it beats the HELL out of trying to field strip one WITHOUT the kit. :)

Now if I could just find the time to go shoot the thing and get it dirty... AND sight in the new RDS that resides atop.

-J-

Top Bottom